Diesel Rayburn cooker

Featured Posts

Hi all

Been offered an excellent condition disel fired Rayburn Royale, which is the small one. Wondering about puttng it just over halfway down the cabin of our new fifty eight foot cruiser, in the middle of the boat. does anyone think there would be a ballast problem doing this? We had virtually decided the fitout and as we are only a few weeks off delivery window layout cannot be changed now. However providing it woulfd not adversly affect the handling of the boat we could fit it where I have described.

I reaslise a fuel tank would need to be fitted on the well deck and that the back boiler would need some thought in the plumbing department, especially if we used a thermosiphon system for hot water and rads.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks and regards

Richard

I have a Dickinson cookstove on my boat, which is similar I imagine. It was a lengthy job to both fit a small diesel pump to feed the stove and the waterworks (and circulatory pump) to feed a rad. I have a fuel tank for this right up in the pointed bit of the bow, which turned out to have a huge capacity. It works well apart from being impossible to dip, so, with hind sight, I would fit some sort of gauge.

The stove is heavy (although not as heavy as yours, I'd guess) but is balasted OK.

Kuranda Marine have all the bits - pumps, chimney etc - and were very helpful with advice, so I'd try them. Dickinson have a web site with downloadable manuals which may also help.