View New Content

Featured Posts

When I mouse-over a topic in any of the sub-forums a pop-up tells me when the topic was started. But when I do the same on the View New Content page it doesn't.

I find the date a topic started very useful for deciding whether I want to read a very long thread.

Please make the date appear in the View New Content page.

When I mouse-over a topic in any of the sub-forums a pop-up tells me when the topic was started. But when I do the same on the View New Content page it doesn't.

I find the date a topic started very useful for deciding whether I want to read a very long thread.

Please make the date appear in the View New Content page.

Robin - if you let your mouse cursor hover just to the right of the topic title you will see a little icon appear at the far right of the first colum. Put your mouse cursor over that and you see 'view topic preview'

Clicking on that brings up a box which shows the first post in summary form and the date and time it was made. There is also a tab to show the same info. for the last post too.

ETA - this works in 'view new topic' and the ordinary lists of topics in the various forums.

HTH

Edited by MJG

Thanks for that, I didn't 'get it' at first thinking it was because I use Google Chrome. Great, will probably use that a lot.

BTW - this forum loads very fast, thanks again.

No problem,

Not many people clock it I think because the icon is not there all the time and only appears when your cursor is placed as a described above.

Robin - if you let your mouse cursor hover just to the right of the topic title you will see a little icon appear at the far right of the first colum. Put your mouse cursor over that and you see 'view topic preview'

<snip>

Thanks, That's a helpful workaround but it is a lot more trouble for me than if there was a proper fix.