Honda 1.0 suitcase genny

boatyboy

Featured Posts

Evening guys.We have like many other CC's been frozen in for the last 3 days.So i have been using my little Honda eu 1.0 suitcase Genny to power the telly.Its always run like a sewing macine,and copes with everything i plug into it.But over the last 3 days it just ain't running right,it seems to be surging,or some might describe it as hunting.It keeps going with no efect on the power output.So what i'm thinking is that due to the temperature outside here at Welton on the Grand union being -5 degs at the moment,is that what causing it to hunt/surge?

Your advice would be very much appreciated.

Dave

Evening guys.We have like many other CC's been frozen in for the last 3 days.So i have been using my little Honda eu 1.0 suitcase Genny to power the telly.Its always run like a sewing macine,and copes with everything i plug into it.But over the last 3 days it just ain't running right,it seems to be surging,or some might describe it as hunting.It keeps going with no efect on the power output.So what i'm thinking is that due to the temperature outside here at Welton on the Grand union being -5 degs at the moment,is that what causing it to hunt/surge?

Your advice would be very much appreciated.

Dave

Is the vent in the filler cap closed or maybe iced up?

Does it have a clear plastic filter with corrugated paper filter inside?

Could there be moisture inside which has frozen?

Thank both of you.I've got my head torch on already,and off to check it right away.I might be gone for a while :help:

Ta Dave :)

Does it have a clear plastic filter with corrugated paper filter inside?

Could there be moisture inside which has frozen?

Which filter do you mean?The one in the petrol filling spout,or the one in the carb air filter?

My carb filter is soft foam,i cleaned that the other day.

The petrol filler is white plastic with a fine filter mesh.

Dave

Hi John.You were right.It was the vent iced up.I took the cap apart,dried it out.And its been running fine for 2 hours now.

Cheers Dave

Glad you got it sorted. I thought that might be the problem because I had similar symptoms in the summer and eventually realised I hadn't opened the vent before starting the genny.