Signwriting paint

Evo

Featured Posts

I've restored my cratch front board and it looks great, but, its making the rest of the front look shabby.

I dont know what its called but the 10 year old emblem diamond thingy on the bow is multi-coloured blue, yellow, red etc.

What kind of paint is used for doing those colours, or even say painting a bucket or Rose and Castles, and where do you get it ? Some water buckets and things you see painted have quite a shine, are they laquered after painting ?

For example, I need enough yellow to do 2 4" circles and a couple of 2" diamonds..I dont want to buy a whole litre of Sikkens to do that, but I would like the same final result in terms of finish and durability as the Sikkens, is that posible ?

Its the bloody Forth Bridge this boat...

I've restored my cratch front board and it looks great, but, its making the rest of the front look shabby.

I dont know what its called but the 10 year old emblem diamond thingy on the bow is multi-coloured blue, yellow, red etc.

What kind of paint is used for doing those colours, or even say painting a bucket or Rose and Castles, and where do you get it ? Some water buckets and things you see painted have quite a shine, are they laquered after painting ?

For example, I need enough yellow to do 2 4" circles and a couple of 2" diamonds..I dont want to buy a whole litre of Sikkens to do that, but I would like the same final result in terms of finish and durability as the Sikkens, is that posible ?

Its the bloody Forth Bridge this boat...

One brand of sign writing paint is called One Shot. It is quite expensive as it comes in relatively small tins. You might find that silkkens or other basic enamels are less for more paint. However the sign writing stuff is susposed to cover in just 'one shot'.

Tim

Humbrol enamel is the easy answer for gloss and smaller(er) quantities.

Wrights of Lymm do the proper stuff but only in 250ml quantity in cover-it or one shot brands - matt so needs varnish after.

Craftmaster do 250ml pots of their coach enamels, again gloss but i believe they do flat enamels also.

• 2 years later...