A week from Kings Bromly Marina

georgezippybungle

Featured Posts

Hello boating people.

I have the hire of my regular club boat that is based on the Trent and Mersey this year. I have to pick it up and drop it off at Kings Bromley MArina near Fradley junction.

I was wondering how best to spend my 7 days. I have looked at going North to Stoke on Trent and going up the Caldon canal and back, this is the route I have quite a lot of information on, but I could go towards Burton on trent or even south. Which way to go? I can't decide not knowing the area much.

I like rural areas, nice villages and ale pubs. I have a good crew of lock labourers.

Any recommendations?

:lol:

Edited by georgezippybungle

If you've got a week I'd head for the Caldon. You should be able to get to the far end at Froghall and back in a busy week (8hrs or so a day). A rough itinerary would be first night somewhere up near Stone, second night the other side of Stoke (Milton area perhaps) and then Froghall for your third before re-tracing your steps. As for pubs, there are several in Stone. We had a fabulous meal at the Holly Bush at Denford in July and you can moor right outside. There are several others along the Caldon too that are worth a visit. Beautiful part of the world.