14 Miles of canal and 1 boat

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

Yes, that would be me! Wasn't that... er... yesterday, when I'd just moored up? :lol:

Ahhhh - been talking to the esteemed occupant of Gemma-Joy have you? Sounds very much like one of his lines!! Yes we all know that mooring limits only refer to working days and that as we BW folk do so little work each working day, any mooring limit can safely be multiplied by a factor of at least three. Bless 'im. We have decided that discretion is often the better part of valour, and have declined to argue with him. This decision has also been influenced by talking to his travelling companions who assure us that he will enthusiastically argue the opposite of any given case - just 'cos he's like that :lol:

He does make rather a good brew though, which makes him okay by us.

Just for your information - the couple on Digitalis just down from you actually buy cake in ready for us coming past. Not trying to suggest anything of course - just thought you may be interested...... :lol:

Andy

Edited by County4x4

the noise levels are well above what would be acceptable in, say, a suburban garden, and my father has taken coach parties there and had people back out because of the noise levels. You will be standing next to the motorway for an hour or more. Some will cope, many won't.

The end of the canal is three times as far away (150 feet instead of 50 feet) which means it is nine times noisier at the locks

Well I have been moored at tewitfield for 7 days (only 3 BW working days) and yes it is noisier than being in the middle of nowhere but not over the top. As I have spent most days exploring the Lake District have not been bothered, the nights are not busy. Once you go past Tewitfield on the unused canal it moves away from the M6 and goes through some lovely villages such as Burton in Kendal and Holme, yes the M6 is always there but this is easly compensated by the beautiful countryside.

He does make rather a good brew though, which makes him okay by us.

Just for your information - the couple on Digitalis just down from you actually buy cake in ready for us coming past. Not trying to suggest anything of course - just thought you may be interested...... :lol:

Andy

Not to be outdone guess I better bake some cake far better than that cheap bought in cake on "Digitalis"

Beautiful area I know it well amazing how certain stretches are so well preserved. You have captured it well in your photographs are you a professional :lol: Seems such a pity to have lost this all thru essentially one motorway crossing.

I am blushing.......its the beautiful area not the quality of the pics.