yet another solar panel thread - lots of little panels?

deletedaccount

Featured Posts

Just looking about on ebay for solar panels when I came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10W-17-5V-monocrysta...93%3A5|294%3A50

That's £1.40 a W, which is pretty much bargain basement. Of course they may want ot charge me p&p for each and every one, which makes it not a bargain at all.

Is there any reason I can't run 15 of these (at £210) instead of an expensive 150w panel?

At £33.98 per panel inc del that quite costly.

Your mounting & wiring costs will go up. You can get 80w panels for £2.72 per watt in the UK.

You might also get stung for VAT & import duties on a large order but prob not on one or two.

Justme

At £33.98 per panel inc del that quite costly.

Your mounting & wiring costs will go up. You can get 80w panels for £2.72 per watt in the UK.

You might also get stung for VAT & import duties on a large order but prob not on one or two.

Justme

I've emailed them to find out if delivery of many will be cheaper than the delivery of one, so I can work out the total cost.

Where can you get 80w panels at that price?

I've emailed them to find out if delivery of many will be cheaper than the delivery of one, so I can work out the total cost.

Where can you get 80w panels at that price?

So did I lol. They will be thinking they have a bulk lot selling.

I found the seller on ebay but he is a real biss to.

He only has auction ones not buy it now listed at the min but send him a question & he will give you a price.

HERE

I bought my first 800w for £2.3k inc del & the second 400W for £1090 inc del so £2.72 per watt inc del

Justme

Just looking about on ebay for solar panels when I came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10W-17-5V-monocrysta...93%3A5|294%3A50

That's £1.40 a W, which is pretty much bargain basement. Of course they may want ot charge me p&p for each and every one, which makes it not a bargain at all.

Is there any reason I can't run 15 of these (at £210) instead of an expensive 150w panel?

Bigger single panels would be far better and cheaper to install and run than multiple little ones, unless you plan on setting them up in an arc to track the sun... :lol:

Buy British, or at least European, made ones, wouldn't cost as much for delivery and if they arrive faulty, it wouldn't cost as much and take so long to return them... :lol:

Well, they got back to me...

The total price of 10pcs 10w solar panel send to UK is GBP265. This is including price, postage and insurance.

Will send by EMS, about 5-7 days arrive.

2.62 a W, but with the hastle fo loads of wiring etc.

I got

The total price for 10 pcs is GBP 265, 20PCS GBP 500, 40PCS GBP 920. 100 PCS GBP 2200.

The price I quota to you is including postage and insurance to uk send by EMS.

Plus on bigger orders you will get a VAT / import bill too.

The 80w ones I used still seem a better bet.