Stourport Ring-any pubs shut?

romseyles

Featured Posts

Hi everyone, my first post. I`m doing the Stourport Ring next month, anticlockwise from Alvechurch. Does anyone know if any of the canalside pubs past Stourbridge are closed? Particularly interested in the Worcester to Alvechurch section,

thanks in advance for replies

After the press release yesterday that 52 a week are now closing it will be a miracle if any are left shortly.

If you do make it to Alvechurch the Weighbridge? at the marina is well worth a visit for both the well priced, excellent, real ales and pub grub.

I can through that way about 10 days ago and I'm happy to report all the pubs marked on the map are open as far as I can see.

Had a very nice meal in the The Bridge Inn at Tibberton, good safe mooring, great beer - had several pints of Marstons Empire - 5.7%, although you will have the Tardebigge flight to do the next day if you are going anticlockwise and a hangover is not recommended !

Also on that section there are very few water points I would recommend filling up in the basin at Worcester as you come off the Severn -(four water points on the right as you cross the basin - very slow though ) because the next one is not to Stoke Priory.

Have fun