Border Reiver

artymac

Featured Posts

About three weeks ago I took a reference photograph of Border Reiver as she started across the Pontcysyllte aquaduct on the Llangollen canal. She's Reg No 505392 with the name R J Turnbull, Public Works Contractors, Jedburgh on her side.

I gave my contact details verbally to the helmsman inviting him to contact me to view the finished product.

I'm sure he had far more on his mind going over that aquaduct and has probably forgotten all about it.

Anyway, if anyone knows the guy, tell him to contact me at info@5dfineart.com to have a look at the finished framed painting.

I would have posted a photograph, but can't work out the system on this site. (It mut be age or something!)

Cheers.

19 April. The painting was hardly dry before it sold and has gone to Ireland today. I've still got the ref photo though and may do another painting soon.

Edited by artymac

Border Reiver? I helped rescue them about 4 years ago after they tried to power through a large mat of pennywort that was floating down the Mile Straight in Leicester, even on full power the mat carried them backwards downstream. I got them to throw me a rope and I managed to pull them back in by the bows to the towpath and the mat carried on to pile up against the Newark bridge where it blocked the navigation for two days! Sorry no details other than they seemed a nice grateful couple and the pennywort has gone from this stretch of the Soar :lol:

I've emailed photos I've taken of people's boats asa they pass through and but even leaving them with my details at the next lock, few take up the offer :lol:

Artymac asked:

About three weeks ago I took a reference photograph of Border Reiver as she started across the Pontcysyllte aquaduct on the Llangollen canal. She's Reg No 505392 with the name R J Turnbull, Public Works Contractors, Jedburgh on her side.

I gave my contact details verbally to the helmsman inviting him to contact me to view the finished product.

I'm sure he had far more on his mind going over that aquaduct and has probably forgotten all about it.

Anyway, if anyone knows the guy, tell him to contact me at info@5dfineart.com to have a look at the finished framed painting.

I would have posted a photograph, but can't work out the system on this site. (It mut be age or something!)

The last I heard of Border Reiver was that she moored at King's Bromley marina in the exclusive bit beyond the bridge at the end of the standard marina (where you get two pontoons per boat, electricity and telephone (IIRC)). From memory it had a big Gardner engine in it 4LW or 5LW.

Roger