BW Moorings - Did You Lose Your Place on The Waiting List ?

nbmrdavid

Featured Posts

BBC West Midlands are trying to find people who were at the top of the waiting list for a BW mooring and lost out to the tendering system that they then set up.

If this happened to you can you, please, get in touch asap.

Also they would like to find anyone who has been "priced out" of a mooring beacuse of this tendering system.

Brenda

I was just the other side of this event and got my central Birmingham mooring just before the axe fell in June 2007. If they're looking to put a negative spin on this, there is another side. Whilst I don't agree with tendering, some of the money grabbing aspersions that have been levelled at BW are not my experience. Due to redundancy, I was unable to keep up instalments on my mooring this year and was fearful that I might lose it. Especially as I had not tendered, and anyone who took my place would probably pay more than I was (not) doing. However, BW have been very understanding and let me keep my berth until I got back into employment, which I can now happily say I have.

I was just the other side of this event and got my central Birmingham mooring just before the axe fell in June 2007. If they're looking to put a negative spin on this, there is another side. Whilst I don't agree with tendering, some of the money grabbing aspersions that have been levelled at BW are not my experience. Due to redundancy, I was unable to keep up instalments on my mooring this year and was fearful that I might lose it. Especially as I had not tendered, and anyone who took my place would probably pay more than I was (not) doing. However, BW have been very understanding and let me keep my berth until I got back into employment, which I can now happily say I have.

Agree. Much as I loathe corporate BW at the moment and scream regularly about incompetence, there are some good individuals who will do their best to help sort things out if you're nice to them (Nick Fazey's one, at HP). Glad you're back working - did the time off mean you finished fitting that boat finally???

(ex-HP-er missing the place terribly)

...did the time off mean you finished fitting that boat finally???

(ex-HP-er missing the place terribly)

Alas, no. The lack of funds rather brought things to a halt. Catch 22, working = load of money but no time, kicking keels = loads of time but no money. Also, didn't have that much spare time as was on the phone constantly looking for work.

I think I'm really lucky to be in HP, btw. Can't understand why the waiting list was so short in the first place, and it's got much more of a community atmosphere than the commercial marina I was previously in. I just wish the dry dock was working, then it would be fabulous. (There's somebody moored in it at the moment).