pipes, radiators and t-pieces

abbeyriver

Featured Posts

Unless I'm missing something, on a domestic 2-pipe system, the outgoing feed pipe, and the return ones are two different pipes.

The only way there is a connection between the two is the presence of a radiator that's turned on.

Put another way, the furthest end of the outgoing supply pipe is not directly joined to the equivalent return, (only by the radiator that will be there).

You are making me start to doubt it myself now, but I'm sure that's right.

In reality in a house, it's unlikely that a single 22mm feed and return service all the radiators. In my experience it's usually more of a "tree" like structure, with 22mm from the boiler, maybe splitting almost immediately to provide an upstairs and downstairs circuit. Typically the further reaches of each "tree" are in 15mm rather than 22mm pipe.

Obviously on a boat it is likely to be just two linear runs.

I can't see why you would use micro-bore on a boat, as so little piping is required to do a conventional installation, surely?

Hi Alan

My fin rad circuit joins at the end. :lol:

Coats already on I'm gone.