diesel generator help!

Featured Posts

Hi all

I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm writing on behalf on my Dad, who has a boat but no working internet at the moment. Basically, he is looking for a small diesel genny to power things like his george foreman etc. He wants to get one as cheap as possible, so apart from ebay does anyone have any places to look? I wont pretend to be too smart when it comes to things like this, as I said Im posting on his behalf. I've found one company who were recommended to me called Power Continuity - http://www.powercontinuity.co.uk (their range of diesel generators seems quite large) but can anyone else recommend another company? All input would be appreciated!

Those ones are huge !!

Try this:

http://www.edge4dieselgens.co.uk/upto-10kva.htm

You won't need a very large one to drive a George Foreman !

Is that all he wants to use ??

Normally inland boat gennies vary between 1000VA-5000VA, but it does

depend on what you want to run ?

Those ones are huge !!

Try this:

http://www.edge4dieselgens.co.uk/upto-10kva.htm

You won't need a very large one to drive a George Foreman !

Is that all he wants to use ??

Normally inland boat gennies vary between 1000VA-5000VA, but it does

depend on what you want to run ?

Hi

Well I think it's for the george foreman, the kettle, lights maybe? All the basic essentials I guess. I would ask him so I can respond further but he's flown to Spain for a week so bit of a problem there lol! I'll keep the site in mind though, and when he is back we will go through them. He knows much more about this than me - I'm basically just the message boy! Thanks again :)

I got the same genny as 'ebay item no.. 180210685361' for my last widebeam,

Wired the electric start to my kitchen for remote start purposes and fitted an exhaust thro the keel...what more do you need for £350!!

Bought from KMSDirect via phone..was completely hassle free!!

Edited by andyberg

There are a lot of relitivly low priced, quite dinky generators out there nowdays, I have a feeling that if you enthuse and liase with the manual that they may even last! The older varieties tended to be invincible by comparison, but came with a much larger price tag when new. Watch out for the wiring these days, it tends to be lacking on the over engineering side. I think I,d go for something a bit bigger than needed, just because my instinct says it'll be more solid, and possibly put better wires and connectors in place, certainly check for availability of spares in that department.