Kabola B problems!

Bilgemonkey

Featured Posts

The Kabola starts up and all LED's are lit as they should be, but after 10 minutes or so it stops and the green power LED starts flashing. Recently it has been making popping sounds. Any Ideas of what might be the problem and a possible solution would be much appreciated as it's supposed to be -6 tonight and a little heat would be nice :cheers:

Edited by Bilgemonkey

The Kabola starts up and all LED's are lit as they should be, but after 10 minutes or so it stops and the green power LED starts flashing. Recently it has been making popping sounds. Any Ideas of what might be the problem and a possible solution would be much appreciated as it's supposed to be -6 tonight and a little heat would be nice :cheers:

Is it getting gas? Thinks, is it gas powered?

It's Diesel the same as the smaller one of THESE.

It fires up ok but gives up after 10 or so minutes then I shut it down and it will do the same if I try later. The thing seems to be getting diesel no problem, I have bled it to make sure. And yes the batteries are fully charged.

I'm wondering if this might be some sort of failsafe, the thing was making popping sounds when it was running before, maybe it has something to do with that.

Oh and Yoda, the kabola came with the boat and has been sat unused for many years. Whats an E5 by the way, I guess it's a gas boiler in which case I'm not interested.

I'll ring Kabola today and see what they say, need to get it working until the Squirrel goes in in January, can't beat solid fuel.

Edited by Bilgemonkey

It's Diesel the same as the smaller one of THESE.

It fires up ok but gives up after 10 or so minutes then I shut it down and it will do the same if I try later. The thing seems to be getting diesel no problem, I have bled it to make sure. And yes the batteries are fully charged.

I'm wondering if this might be some sort of failsafe, the thing was making popping sounds when it was running before, maybe it has something to do with that.

Oh and Yoda, the kabola came with the boat and has been sat unused for many years. Whats an E5 by the way, I guess it's a gas boiler in which case I'm not interested.

I'll ring Kabola today and see what they say, need to get it working until the Squirrel goes in in January, can't beat solid fuel.

You will probably be best speaking to Brett at Kuranda 01663 734800 http://www.kuranda.co.uk

They are a very good heater but like Eberspacher very much a closed shop when it comes to servicing so it can be pricey if needs any serious work but Brett should be able to tell you if it's anything simple.

Apologies Bilgemonkey, I'd been too long next to the whiskey bottle last night....

The advice I should have given you is the same as Gary's, Kuranda are helpful, I spoke a chap named Patrick there just the other day. He knows his stuff as well.

We have a Kabola E5 fitted, it's a (dare I say it) cruder design than yours. The plus side is that it does not require electrickery to work.

Regards, Andy.

Could be, have had air in there several times before when bleeding, don't think it's related to the other problem though, thanks for the info.

Reckon fuel supply - my B17 pops when I attempt to run it with the main fuel tap in the off position!!

Fuel blockage in supply pipe.

Fuel filter.

Nozzle tip has a built in sintered filter which may also be blocked.

Burner is commercial kit - any oil CH engineer should be able to service/fix.