Rescue services

The Maestro

Featured Posts

A leaflet for "Inland Waterways Breakdown Assistance" arrived with one of my insurance quotes. I had already decided to join River and Canal Rescue as I didn't know of any other service, but it seems there is at least one more.

So has anyone any experience of IWBA? At least one thread was complimentary about RCR, but this is cheaper. Is it false economy?

A leaflet for "Inland Waterways Breakdown Assistance" arrived with one of my insurance quotes. I had already decided to join River and Canal Rescue as I didn't know of any other service, but it seems there is at least one more.

So has anyone any experience of IWBA? At least one thread was complimentary about RCR, but this is cheaper. Is it false economy?

We keep thinking about RCR or similar - but we've been thinking about it for 3 years now. As we mostly stay in one place and even a 2 week cruise would only take you a few hours by car to reach we have so far not got around to it. That said it does rely on having a pool of friends willing to share 'can you come and get me' duty (and of course your willingness to reciprocate) and a lack of urgency to get it repaired.

I think we will stay without whilst we are marina based but will definately take up a policy when we go CC or long term cruising when a car will not be so available.