Residential Moorings - Gloucestershire & Help!!!

chris_kaz

Featured Posts

Hi

I'm hoping that you can help us. Do you know of any residential moorings in Gloucestershire and the surrounding area and how much could we expect to pay p.a? I saw that a figure of £3k - £15k was mooted in a previous posting, but this wasn't in that area.

We are looking to buy a narrow boat to live on and are looking to spend between £25k and £40k. Do you have any recommended resources or traders and what should we look out for?

How do you overcome not having a postal address as regards to bank accounts etc?

All other help, guidance etc would be much appreciated, as we are completely new to this.

Many thanks

Karen

Hi

I'm hoping that you can help us. Do you know of any residential moorings in Gloucestershire and the surrounding area and how much could we expect to pay p.a? I saw that a figure of £3k - £15k was mooted in a previous posting, but this wasn't in that area.

Sorry cannot help on that one, try contacting BW at Gloucester Docks

We are looking to buy a narrow boat to live on and are looking to spend between £25k and £40k. Do you have any recommended resources or traders and what should we look out for?

Have a look on Google for "narrowboat brokers"

How do you overcome not having a postal address as regards to bank accounts etc?

If you have a residential mooring you use that as your address

All other help, guidance etc would be much appreciated, as we are completely new to this.

Use the search facility (top right) for any topics/questions you may have, if the answer is not there add it to an existing thread or start another one in the appropriate section

Many thanks

Karen

Welcome the forum, most of the answers are here <_<

just one point and you may have already thought of this, live aboard is not the cheap option, only the initial payment, cost of boat, is lower not the running costs