Foulridge to Doncaster Cruise

Featured Posts

Hi Everyone

I will be setting off on my first big cruise early on Tuesday 28th August, Foulridge to Doncaster. Must admit I am a bit apprehensive as I am doing the trip alone. My good lady is working and meeting me in Doncaster. I will be cruising in NB "Where the heart Is". I thought it would be interesting to keep a diary of the trip for both myself and for others who may be taking a similar trip.

I will keep you all posted as to my progress and any good spots I find along the way. If anyone knows of any pitfall areas please let me know. The one area I think will slow me down arew the locks and swing bridges along the way. Hopefully I will be able to double up with other boaters along the way.

Must admit I keep having the argument with people about doing the locks on my own but I am a bit of a safety freak when it comes to things like that.

Anyway will keep you posted as I progress up the cut.

Catch you all soon

Dave

Dave,

Have a good trip, its ages since we were down Doncaster way. Look out for Strawbery Island Boat Club, lovely people. Any problems or hitches contact the Anchor and I'll pop out any evening and help.

Andy (and Wendy, of course) aboard Travis.

Dave,Have a good trip, its ages since we were down Doncaster way. Look out for Strawbery Island Boat Club, lovely people. Any problems or hitches contact the Anchor and I'll pop out any evening and help.Andy (and Wendy, of course) aboard Travis.
Dave,Have a good trip, its ages since we were down Doncaster way. Look out for Strawbery Island Boat Club, lovely people. Any problems or hitches contact the Anchor and I'll pop out any evening and help.Andy (and Wendy, of course) aboard Travis.
Hi Andy and WendyContact the Anchor!!! If its before 8pm I will, after that I know what help I will get <_< . Looking forward to the trip. Will be leaving at 8.30am tommorrow so if you are on abard I will give you a wave. I will definitley look out for the boat club you mentioned.Take care and maybe see you tommorrow.Dave and Doreen