Nene excitement.

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

"Lock mooring has become detached from Lilford Lock and is on its way down river towards Upper Barnwell Lock"

I assume the water's not high enough to float it off the top of the steel piles it slides up, so the fixings must have failed!

Makes note that floating lock-landing pontoons may not be safe haven in floods.

MP.

The guys and girls at hills and hollows above barnwell upper will be thrilled to have that coming their way.

Barnwell mill is flooded.

Had to come to the aid of a young girl on theA43 outside stanion, aqua planed into the ditch on standing water.

Geddington is shut on bridge street due to flooding.

It's raining again so in for a tough week or two yet.

Not a bad place to be, both pubs are very good, if you like Indian food the spice of bruerne is very good, they do some good mid week deals.

It will be a while before nene is off ssa, do bear in mind when it does come off that it can come back on very quickly, there is a huge amount of water to get rid of in the nene valley, with water logged fields there is no spare capacity.

I have a feeling it will be a lean winter in terms of days available to go boating

"Lock mooring has become detached from Lilford Lock and is on its way down river towards Upper Barnwell Lock"

I assume the water's not high enough to float it off the top of the steel piles it slides up, so the fixings must have failed!

Makes note that floating lock-landing pontoons may not be safe haven in floods.

MP.

The piles themselves may have been forced out of the ground by the pressure of the water.

Edited by nbfiresprite