Ethos / Timeshare / Stratford Court

Neildudman

Featured Posts

Hi,

Anybody know the story of Ethos/Cascades/Windrush Narrowboat timeshares?.

Just seems that like Challenger, narrowboat time shares are all doomed.

Neil

All I know is that Ethos was based on the Lower Avon somewhere near Stratford and then wasn't and then reappeared on the Southern Stratford Canal. What's the story? They haven't gone bust as well have they? D

• 11 months later...
All I know is that Ethos was based on the Lower Avon somewhere near Stratford and then wasn't and then reappeared on the Southern Stratford Canal. What's the story? They haven't gone bust as well have they? D

I can confirm that i have received letters from the company regarding the position for 2009 and it is that they have ceased trading. To cut a longish story short they found themselves with many members relinquishing their weeks last year - about 40% failed to pay for the weeks they had and so the company claimed them back as they are entitled to do. This resulted in them incurring losses which would have meant a maintenance charge to members in excess of £680 +VAT per week when the previous year was about £430 (if i remember correctly). The figure quoted was the minimum and could have been even more. The company undertook a survey of what members though about these figures, or an alternative buyout from other companies, and the vast majority (330 members out of a total of 420) opted to relinquish the weeks they had with Ethos and take up alternative weeks elsewhere with most of the remainder indicating they wished to surrender membership altogether.

About 2/3 of the members who haven't surrendered their membership are now with Canalboat Club (part of Alvechurch) with the remainder have taken up a landbased option at Brockwood Hall in the western Lake District. The fleet remains at Stratford for the moment and will be sold at some future time before the scheme and the company is wound-up.

• 2 weeks later...
I can confirm that i have received letters from the company regarding the position for 2009 and it is that they have ceased trading. To cut a longish story short they found themselves with many members relinquishing their weeks last year - about 40% failed to pay for the weeks they had and so the company claimed them back as they are entitled to do. This resulted in them incurring losses which would have meant a maintenance charge to members in excess of £680 +VAT per week when the previous year was about £430 (if i remember correctly). The figure quoted was the minimum and could have been even more. The company undertook a survey of what members though about these figures, or an alternative buyout from other companies, and the vast majority (330 members out of a total of 420) opted to relinquish the weeks they had with Ethos and take up alternative weeks elsewhere with most of the remainder indicating they wished to surrender membership altogether.

About 2/3 of the members who haven't surrendered their membership are now with Canalboat Club (part of Alvechurch) with the remainder have taken up a landbased option at Brockwood Hall in the western Lake District. The fleet remains at Stratford for the moment and will be sold at some future time before the scheme and the company is wound-up.

A part finished and some SH Ethos NB's are for sale on Apollo Duck

Pict6092.jpg