Replacing polystyrene lining - condensation issue.

Featured Posts

Sounds like a thorough job you did there Julynian!

I've been to see the boat again and there is a lot more work to do than I first realised - not sure if it's a bit much for me.

Also the owner told me he bonded a very thin layer of polystyrene (what looks like 1mm) to the aquaseal that had been painted on the steel before adding a layer of thicker polystyrene on top. That would seem to have been a good idea in regards to preventing condensation only he let slip that it might not be fire-safety compliant... :-/ Anyone come across this technique of insulation before and know what the deal is with fire-safety?

Thank you for any help.

Your questions aside, it sounds like you're unsure enough of this to make it a bad idea.

If you're not completely comfortable with what you're getting yourself in for, then walk away.

Even if there were no issues with the boat at all, you'd still have a lot of work to do to get it "right". I know this from painful experience!

By the sounds of it, you would end up completely refitting or you'd have constant niggles in the back of your mind.

Not worth it.