Fingers crossed

daveyboi2050

Featured Posts

Guest Quo Vadis

Custom made PVC/Polypropylene liner?

Oh, and congrats & good luck!

Cost a fortune, you still have to clean and rust-proof the existing tank, then you have to fix hooks into the top of the tank to stop them collapsing as they empty,and they will only warranty them for a year!!!

MUCH cheaper to get the missus to climb inside, scrub down the rust, then paint with Vactan. After extensive research on this site, we (she) did it this summer, then overpainted with potable blacking. You just have to let it air well to dry it, then rinse at least 3 times to loose the pong from the blacking.

Best of luck!

I'm interested in knowing what the boat is like and (roughly) how much you paid for it.... There are a few boats out there for 20-25k and I often wonder if they would accept something just short of £30k - I am (tentatively) looking for around 45ft - fixed double and sofa bed at the front - or open plan in the front/rear where a sofa bed can be placed - I think sofa's are much more comfortable rather than fixed units that convert to single/double beds.

well until its a done deal id rather not say but its a 43ft trad piper boat boat in excellent condidtion.

it was up for 26k and ive got it for 19k

Cost a fortune, you still have to clean and rust-proof the existing tank, then you have to fix hooks into the top of the tank to stop them collapsing as they empty,and they will only warranty them for a year!!!

MUCH cheaper to get the missus to climb inside, scrub down the rust, then paint with Vactan. After extensive research on this site, we (she) did it this summer, then overpainted with potable blacking. You just have to let it air well to dry it, then rinse at least 3 times to loose the pong from the blacking.

Best of luck!

[/quote

Iam begining to liken to the idea now. as most boaters cant see wot state there water tank is in. were as i can and can clean it regualer

Guest wanted

Quick question over the bow water tank?

Wot do you do over winter? Bet it frezzes pretty quick!

We've yet to have ours freeze, don't let it get low, the more water the longer it takes to freeze. Keep your boat warm, it dosent take too much to keep it above freezing. All easy if you live aboard as every thing keeps moving If you don't then I'd empty it and leave my taps open.

We've yet to have ours freeze, don't let it get low, the more water the longer it takes to freeze. Keep your boat warm, it dosent take too much to keep it above freezing. All easy if you live aboard as every thing keeps moving If you don't then I'd empty it and leave my taps open.

Is your tank actually the bow locker or do you have a steel one fitted in the locker? as mine is actually the tank

Edited by daveyboi2050

Guest wanted

Is your tank actually the bow locker or do you have a steel one fitted in the locker? as mine is actually the tank

Yep, mine is the tank also, cheers for the paint link, looks like I'm running out of excuses!

Guest wanted

Wots vactan?

http://www.paco-systems.co.uk/vactan.html

Its a rust converter that will stop the rust that already exsists. Basically you need to scrape/wire brush the loose stuff, clean all the crap out and let the sides dry, then give all surfaces a coat of vactan as directed. Then a couple of coats of 'black' let dry. Fill tank and empty a few times then shower the rust,vactan,black soup out of your hair,ears,nose for at least a week!