Long Term Hire or Short Term Buy then Sell?

DavidUK

Featured Posts

I am hoping to have between 4-6 months career break either this year or in 2012 and am seeking some advice from experienced boaters.

The two options I am looking at are either a long term hire through Escape the Rat Race (etrr.co.uk) or to purchase my own boat with a view to selling it after 4-6 months. Etrr.co.uk costs are approx £1000pm which includes maintenance(not fuel) although the costs do increase to around £1500pm for the summer period.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I would be really interested to hear what you've decided, as a prospective renter, on the issue of renting. We are thinking (hypothetical at the moment) of renting out our narrowboat but it's daunting given all the warnings about insurance, subletting, BW, etc. However, many people do rent successfully (privately).

If anyone else would like to pitch in, please do!

Thanks.

I've just been studying the web-site of "Sheffield Narrowboats" and they really do look as THE answer for the OP.

Peter.

Except that their website says

All long-term boats are fully booked for 2011 and 2012 - We are now taking bookings for 2013

• 1 month later...

sorry that you have had trouble contacting Escape the Rat Race

we are in business! as a number of people currently on our boats can testify...

I do respond to emails as they come in but it may be sometimes that spam filters etc cause a problem

if anyone would like to contact me either go to the websites www.escapetheratrace.org.uk or www.etrr.co.uk

and put an enquiry through there

or phone me 07935 232 058

Alex

Edited by NB Alnwick