Vetus Engine control panel

boatyboy

Featured Posts

Evenin all.A while ago for some reason my warning buzzer stopped working on my Engine control panel.I have Purchased a new PCB which includes the buzzer(£44.00).So what i'm after is a wireing diagram please for a Vetus MR17 aprox age of mine is 9 years.Any help would be much appreciated.By the way...sit down.......A complete new panel is around the £800 mark direct from the vetus shop.........Why? Why ?

Dave

Edited by boatyboy

Evenin all.A while ago for some reason my warning buzzer stopped working on my Engine control panel.I have Purchased a new PCB which includes the buzzer(£44.00).So what i'm after is a wireing diagram please for a Vetus MR17 aprox age of mine is 9 years.Any help would be much appreciated.By the way...sit down.......A complete new panel is around the £800 mark direct from the vetus shop.........Why? Why ?

Dave

Because it is Vetus,and because they can :(

There are some wiring diagrams on the Vetus site I believe.

Edited by Guest

Dave

A few years back the buzzer on my 1985 Vetus Panel stopped working. I replaced the piezo sounder with an identical one from Maplin for ~£2.50.

Unless the design has changed the PCB is simple relay logic. Press 'start' and a relay latches energising the stop solenoid, press 'stop, and it drops. Preheat or start also energises the pre-heat circuit. A few diodes ensure this all works as intended and, I think, there may be a jumper that allows you to enable or disable engine stop on water or exhaust over-temperature.

Alan

Hi Alan.Sounds like a cheap fix.If only i understood what you were saying :blink:

Dave

Because it is Vetus,and because they can :(

There are some wiring diagrams on the Vetus site I believe.

Hi Ta for the info.I will check it out.If only i understood wireing diagrams,all those symbols etc.I'm getting on a bit,i'm a chippy not a sparks ya know :blush:

Dave