Breach / possible stoppage - Tinsley flight, Sheffield and South Yorkshire Navigation

BeckyJC

Featured Posts

Just a quick heads-up in case anyone was thinking of heading through the Tinsley flight in the near future....

There has been a breach in the canal somewhere near Sheffield basin. BW are currently monitoring / assessing the situation, and are to make a decision shortly as to whether the flight will be closed or not.

No firm information (or notice on Waterscape) yet, as they do not yet know how much water is being lost, but I would recommend checking with them if you are planning on passing through the flight anytime soon.

Will post more as soon as I hear anything.

Becky

Update: No closure yet, situation is still being monitored though. BW engineers are going to investigate if they can make some kind of temporary fix (don't know too much about it, just passing on what I have been told).

Would recommend talking to the lock keepers ASAP if you are planning on using the locks anytime soon.

Hope this helps,

Becky