Wootton Wawen to Tewkesbury and back

MarieMarie1980

Featured Posts

Hello there,

I am a first time poster and soon to be a second time narrowboater. Seven of us (3 guys, 3 gals and a wee one) have a week booked in July. We pick the boat up from Wootton on the saturday afternoon and are planning the following route:

W Wawen to Wilmcote

Wilcote to Bidford

Bidford to Perhsore

Pershore to Tewkesbury

Tewkesbury to Evesham

Evesham to Stratford

Stratford to W Wawen

On paper it looks ok (there will be a couple of hard days) - Please advise if this sounds 'do-able'. Also, grateful for any other comments.

This is a great forum btw

Cheers,

Marie & Kev

Hi,

I would say Wooten to Wilmcote is 1.5 hours. Day 1

Wilmcote to Stratford Basin is 6 hours (Min) Day 2

Stratford to Bidford is around 3 Hours Day 3

Bidford to Pershore 6 Hours Day 4

etc etc etc

I would say it would not be relaxing as I would recommend a stop at Wilmcote (Mary Arden House Pub) and Stratford for a Day. Bidford is nice and so is Evesham. You never know what unexpected thnigs you'll find either. Lovely villages / pubs etc etc. Nothing worse than not being able to stop and take time. Also raining days come into play, busy locks, broken locks etc etc.

I know the route well, drop me a PM if you need more info.

Enjoy!

Neil

Hi Marie,

This is perfectly doable just come down from Wooten Wawen back to my marina mooring at Upton on Severn. Started saturday 9.00am was in Stratford for 3.30pm with a 45min lunch stop, then after securing a Avon licence £50 to go to Tewkesbury it's a 15 day, we were at the Robert Aickman lock by 9.00pm ( just 2 of us). Following day set off 7.30am got back to Upton at 6.30pm. Your biggest problem will be the condition of the Avon you need to check close to your time that the river is ok it floods very quickly and this can cause problems, we met a couple of Anglo Welsh hirers on saturday racing back to Wooten Wawen they had been stuck on the Avon for a couple days which affected their return plans.