Pisces

CIEL

Featured Posts

The reference to Pisces in the Wyvern topic brought back memories from my yuuf.

In my late teens I seem to remember being "volunteered" to help work on the boat as it was being prepared for use by Hillingdon.

The involvement was probably either through the Methodist Church Youth Club in Yiewsley or the 1st Stockley Scout Group, can't remember which.

The "work" involved cleaning, rubbing down and painting which I was not too enamoured with.  The association with the boat didn't last very long as at that time I had no interest in the canal which had always "just been there" as I grew up.

I had no further direct connection with Pisces after that.

It was only after joining a group of youth leaders from another church in 1967 for a week on a hire boat from Willow Wren at Rugby (see my avatar) where I met the girl who was to become my wife in 1969 that won me over.  In 1971 we bought a 17ft 6 Shetland based at Iver boat yard and then Denham Yacht Station. 

All distant memories now.

Chris

A picture of Pisces from the Hillingdon NarrowBoats Association can be found here:

https://hillingdon-narrowboats.org.uk/index.php/en/about-us/history.html