Lockgate diesal squirrel stove valve

notts_alan

Featured Posts

52 minutes ago, notts_alan said:

Hello all , can anybody help me with a diagram of the lockgate valve shown in photos.

And set up instructions.

Thanks a lot.

Alan.

IMG_20190202_134139.jpg

IMG_20190202_134135.jpg

The following link should provide access to schematics and manual.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://kumastorage.blob.core.windows.net/content/images/PDF%20Manuals/TOBY%20OIL%20CONTROL.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj0iL3epJ3gAhXRsHEKHbb7AooQFjAaegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3gtAPGUp8ccM7TFuY4BPJH

If you Google "Toby Regulator Valve" you will find loads of information, including YouTube videos on how to set up the Toby Regulator Valve.

This link shows you how to completely clean and service one.

Edited by cuthound
Clarification

8 minutes ago, notts_alan said:

Cheers mate , I will have a look through when my brain is in gear , gave it a clean out and working in a fashion now , I think it just needs tweeking a little bit now.

When operating correctly the flames should burn blue up to and including setting 3, and then get progressively more yellow on settings above that. This is because the flue is too short on a narrowboat which results in overfuelling (and hence yellow flames) at the higher settings.

That said mine usually keeps my 60 foot boat at 25 degrees on setting 1 or less except in the current weather when it needs increasing to setting 2. ?

It just seems to be a bit weaker now , before on setting 3 it would warm all the radiators up , now they don't get as warm , the flame on full looks like it used to do on setting 2 , it's nice and blue but not very high .

I think it needs turning up a bit.

I wish I never ran out of diesal now , lol , it all started playing up after that.

15491298032352970911272419557934.jpg

Have you checked the filters for cleanliness?

If you ran out of fuel you could have drawn crud into them. Lack of fuel into the stove could well be caused by partially blocked filters.

On my boat there are two, an inline bowl filter between the tank and the stove, and a small cylindrical filter in the regulator.

Edited by cuthound
Inline not wot aotocorrect thought, online

Yes it dragged a load in ,. Fuel pipe has been blown through with a pump , valve removed and cleaned out , the filter in the valve is missing but I have a inline filter which was also blown through , it's a glass bowl filter and looks clean.

At least for now it's keeping us warm , when my o ring arrives next week for the webasto and I get it up and running I will adjust the fire.

I don't want to mess the fire up without a heat back up running.