lastpass

jenevers

Featured Posts

Brilliant program, Used free version for several years now, wouldn't be without it.

Logs you in automatically (if you want it to) and you can also store notes to yourself that are encrypted using the same technology. Also have the android version that picks up all my passwords and notes from the net so I can log in to places from my phone as well as my PC.

Encryption is strong.

I use the free version. It's primary purpose is have uniques and very complex passwords for each site you use. I use the 20 character setting. This protects you from one a one site security lapse causing problems on other sites. You need a memorable extremely complicated master password to access Lastpass itself. They suggest a story line of some sort. Mine is 12 characters long. Once set up on all your machines it works pretty well. 

Cheers Graham

Can recommend BitWarden. Covers Windows, Mac, Linux, Android/iOS app, browser plugins, etc..

http://bitwarden.com

Open source too, so less chance of it having a nasty back door.

Did used to use LastPass but had a bad run-in with them when I needed my account reset. Took days to even get a single reply from them. No good when I need my passwords pronto! BitWarden seems to have a better reset system.

Edited by ronnietucker