Enforcement action in Wigan

Pie Eater

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

It's a generic thing you get with video editing software that justs bungs some prerecorded crap alongside the pictures and trims it to size. Could have been worse, might have been a drum solo... Bagpipes... 

Now they could have at least matched the music to the boat .........

7 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

One definition of a gentleman is someone who knows how to play the bagpipes ... but doesn't!

I understand they were invented by a Scotsman who stood on his cat and liked the noise.

:D

I thought it was a haggis not a cat.

14 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Tidy looking boat.

There's a history involved: could be "political"

but the pipes can be enjoyed : ............... Amazing Grace at 2.39

Edited by LadyG

4 minutes ago, WotEver said:

It might be if they were playing Amazing Grace and if there were any bagpipes...

Quite,

I thought the Forum used to be a bit surreal in the past, but lately it seems to have got a whole lot weirder!

1 minute ago, alan_fincher said:

Quite,

I thought the Forum used to be a bit surreal in the past, but lately it seems to have got a whole lot weirder!

Seems to happen when some areas of the canal get iced in, I always assumed (boat) cabin fever starts to kick in

1 hour ago, WotEver said:

It might be if they were playing Amazing Grace and if there were any bagpipes...

Strange, there could not be any more bagpipes if the whole HLI were involved. 

try again Andre Rieu Scotland the Brave and Amazing Grace

Edited by LadyG
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Strange, there could not be any more bagpipes if the whole HLI were involved. 

Ah.  The link you posted goes to the first video on a playlist of 26 videos - no pipes.

I assume you wanted this one (video 7/26) :

Edited by TheBiscuits

12 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Except

1. Canalplan don't have any recent data for boats, and

2. Some boats are deliberately excluded from the boat listing for a variety of reasons.

We're still waiting for an updated list from C&RT

We don't exclude any boat from our listing - we show everything that we've got. We even retain old details so you can actually look up a scrapped plate or find out the history of a plate.

12 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I wasn't doubting it - doing a licence check for 63095 shows it is unlicensed.

But with regard to checking on CanalPlan we should remember that it is only as good as the information provided to it - my boat was showing as 'last updated in 2013'.

You can request to have your details removed under some 'privacy laws'.

Oh really?

16 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

There was a thread about this a couple (or more) years ago - in which you partook.

You explained that details could not be removed, but eventually conceded that folks could request the removal if they so wished.

There was a jumped up idiot on the Thames tried to get his removed by court action - he failed - he could request it to be removed politely though.

24 minutes ago, StephenA said:

We don't exclude any boat from our listing - we show everything that we've got.

Understood.  I wasn't trying to suggest that you edit the boat details, but the navigation authorities do restrict what they send.

There are boats not present in the dataset though.  Try mine!

https://canalplan.org.uk/boats/boats.php?rno=509241

3 hours ago, Tumshie said:

She may have cousins you know ?

Extended family can get so messy - If You Keep Standing On Them !!!

:giggles:

I am sorry it has taken so long to respond but I and my extended family have been so busy staying out of the way of folk trampling us and trying to catch us that we are a trifle tired at the moment. We will be back running round the hillsides shortly and don't believe all this talk of us being genetically modified so that our legs lengthen and shorten depending on which way round the hill we are running. It is all lies!!! 

haggis

• Love 1
  • Happy 1

6 minutes ago, haggis said:

I am sorry it has taken so long to respond but I and my extended family have been so busy staying out of the way of folk trampling us and trying to catch us that we are a trifle tired at the moment. We will be back running round the hillsides shortly and don't believe all this talk of us being genetically modified so that our legs lengthen and shorten depending on which way round the hill we are running. It is all lies!!! 

haggis

Sounds like you are standing on your dignity :giggles: . Meanwhile, we occasionally see a busker playing the pipes in Derby city centre, presumably one Bonny Prince Charlie left behind?