Enforcement action in Wigan

Pie Eater

Featured Posts

A local has posted a video of a narrowboat being removed from the Leeds and Liverpool Canal near El Meadow Lock.

Can anyone provide a link please.

Wiganworld

Click on forum

Click on general

Click on High Court Enforcement Officers

I can only assume that CaRT were involved.

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I'm surprised that they were allowed 'to ride up on the boat' whilst it was being lifted.

They don't, they stay on top until the strops are in the correct place for a level lift, then they will lower the boat to allow the chaps to get off. No boat is ever the same as the last one in where the weight distibution is and this method is fairly standard.

23 minutes ago, matty40s said:

They don't, they stay on top until the strops are in the correct place for a level lift, then they will lower the boat to allow the chaps to get off. No boat is ever the same as the last one in where the weight distibution is and this method is fairly standard.

OK - but the boat is out of the water at 1:43 and they are on the roof - but they are not on as it is lifted over the fence.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

9 minutes ago, Nut said:

is that to be scrapped or flogged ?

Assuming it is being 'lifted by C&RT' for some infringement of licence conditions it will be held for a period to allow the owner to pay the "necessary" to clear the debts & cost of removal.

Boats below a low value (a couple of £1000 I believe) are crushed if the owner does not reclaim them.

If it is of a higher value it will be sold off by one of C&RTs selling agents if the owner does not reclaim it.

Example of one of C&RTs sales agents :

https://www.commercialboatservices.co.uk/services/marine-salvage/

This page shows some of the re-possessed C&RT boats that they are selling.

https://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view-trader/commercial-boat-services/1673

C&RT have a number of such 'sellers' throughout the country.

• Greenie 1

By the look of this it wasn't licenced:

There is 1 record that matches your query

The Blue Note Built in 1980 - Length : 6.1 metres ( 20 feet ) - Beam : 1.86 metres ( 6 feet 1 inch )
Powered by an Outboard Petrol engine with a power of 15 HP. Registered with Environment Authority - Anglian Region number G121328 as a Norman Regional 5m To 7.5m +4hp.  ( Last updated on Saturday 16th July 2016 )

All results have been displayed for this query

7 minutes ago, David Mack said:

By the look of this it wasn't licenced:

The Blue Note Built in 1980 - Length : 6.1 metres ( 20 feet ) - Beam : 1.86 metres ( 6 feet 1 inch )
Powered by an Outboard Petrol engine with a power of 15 HP. Registered with Environment Authority - Anglian Region number G121328 as a Norman Regional 5m To 7.5m +4hp.  ( Last updated on Saturday 16th July 2016 )

All results have been displayed for this query

The boat in the video doesn't look like a 20 foot Norman with a 15hp outboard.

The Reg No looks something like 63095 and not G121328

Could it be stolen 'disguised' with false name and number, then recovered ?

5 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Exactly my point!  The only boat with the name "Blue Note" listed on the navigation authority licencing data on canalplan is clearly not this boat. Ergo this boat is unlicenced!

2 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Exactly my point!  The only boat with the name "Blue Note" listed on the navigation authority licencing data on canalplan is clearly not this boat. Ergo this boat is unlicenced!

Except

1. Canalplan don't have any recent data for boats, and

2. Some boats are deliberately excluded from the boat listing for a variety of reasons.

2 minutes ago, David Mack said:

I wasn't doubting it - doing a licence check for 63095 shows it is unlicensed.

But with regard to checking on CanalPlan we should remember that it is only as good as the information provided to it - my boat was showing as 'last updated in 2013'.

4 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

2. Some boats are deliberately excluded from the boat listing for a variety of reasons.

You can request to have your details removed under some 'privacy laws'.

19 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I though it was 63093, which gives us - 

Cygnus Built by Hancock & Lane - Length : 11.887 metres ( 39 feet ) - Beam : 2.083 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 27 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 63093 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 ) 

3 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I though it was 63093, which gives us - 

Cygnus Built by Hancock & Lane - Length : 11.887 metres ( 39 feet ) - Beam : 2.083 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 27 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 63093 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 ) 

C&RT say 63093 is not licensed.

24 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

On the contrary.  Totally inappropriate and annoying musical accompaniment to such a video.

It's a generic thing you get with video editing software that justs bungs some prerecorded crap alongside the pictures and trims it to size. Could have been worse, might have been a drum solo... Bagpipes...