Leaking water pump

rawsondsr

Featured Posts

I have a flojet Quiet Quad R4405-143, age unknown, and has started leaking a little from the block at the front with the wires coming out.

Is this repairable, or is it best to just replace?

Seeps from just below that bolt in the centre

IMG_20190131_153619.jpg

That lump you are talking about filling with stuff is the pressure switch, the leak is probably from the diaphragm between the pump and the switch. I think you can buy spares still so it they are cheap it may be worth a try.

Ebay if you can find the right one https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/173749313792?chn=ps if you want to try it. I don't bother any more. 

Edited by ditchcrawler
add link

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

That lump you are talking about filling with stuff is the pressure switch, the leak is probably from the diaphragm between the pump and the switch. I think you can buy spares still so it they are cheap it may be worth a try.

Ebay if you can find the right one https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/173749313792?chn=ps if you want to try it. I don't bother any more. 

And filling that "lump" with anything will make it FUBAR.

Best advice is buy a new pump, they are consumables like batteries. 

Phil

10 minutes ago, rawsondsr said:

Ordered a replacement, hopefully it'll be good for a few years to come!

Good idea. Replace it, fix the problem immediately (since leaks do damage), then you can dismantle it to see if you can repair it at your leisure. If you can, you have a spare; even if you don't quite fix it, you have a "get you home" spare. :D

• Happy 1

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Good idea. Replace it, fix the problem immediately (since leaks do damage), then you can dismantle it to see if you can repair it at your leisure. If you can, you have a spare; even if you don't quite fix it, you have a "get you home" spare. :D

Hear! Hear!