Leaving the boat in this weather

Tuscan

Featured Posts

On 01/02/2019 at 15:28, mark99 said:

Do you get in the duvet and snuggle up the the Gardner?

;)

I wish, I have got a spare 2LW block under the bed though.

Hope all well, see you have a new mutt, what happened to the old one, and what make is the new one?.

24 minutes ago, LEO said:

I wish, I have got a spare 2LW block under the bed though.

Hope all well, see you have a new mutt, what happened to the old one, and what make is the new one?.

Both our old mutts passed on. New model is a cockapoo. Intelligence of the poodle and loveliness of a cocker spaniel. ;)

23 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Both our old mutts passed on. New model is a cockapoo. Intelligence of the poodle and loveliness of a cocker spaniel. ;)

See, for every cross that comes out as the best bits of both, surely there's one that looks like a poodle and moults like a spaniel?!

On 02/02/2019 at 21:41, Sea Dog said:

See, for every cross that comes out as the best bits of both, surely there's one that looks like a poodle and moults like a spaniel?!

Not sure. Perhaps in the F2s. Or F1b.

I went across to check on the boat yesterday while Liam was finishing some gloss painting in the hallway. We decided it was easier with the dog out of the house as he was in the way a bit on Saturday when we were both painting and his tail was in danger of getting quite white.

Not been to the boat for four weeks since it was lifted out but all seemed well and the boat was a toasty 18 degrees in the cabin. Water system was holding pressure so all seems well. 

Will be a few more weeks before we are down again. But we are happy that everything is in order with the heaters. Mind you it is set to be fairly mild for the next couple of weeks.

I guess there has to be.

Probably helps if you cross two non moulting breeds if you don't want a shedder like we have with Sydney. Minature Schnauzer and Toy Poodle.

4 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Should you have posted this on the jokes thread?

Possibly.

However I did look at accu weather and it indicated only occasional dips below zero temperatures  most of February . 

Cheap thermal underwear helps make cold winter dat feel almost like spring !

We also had a mongrel for a while. It was a cross between a pedigree Airedale terrier and pedigree Bernese mountain dog. The cross was to hopefuly make it non moulting and eliminate the skeletal problems of the Bernese. It was a beautiful dog and fabulous temprement but moulted like hell and had such serious medical problems after two years of multiple operations we had to have the lovely girl put down, all very sad. Some mongrel crosses simply dont work. She was called a Berndale.

5 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

I went across to check on the boat yesterday while Liam was finishing some gloss painting in the hallway. We decided it was easier with the dog out of the house as he was in the way a bit on Saturday when we were both painting and his tail was in danger of getting quite white.

Not been to the boat for four weeks since it was lifted out but all seemed well and the boat was a toasty 18 degrees in the cabin. Water system was holding pressure so all seems well. 

Will be a few more weeks before we are down again. 

Can't fault you for making best use of the electricity included in the price.

Being away from the boat weeks at a time sounds a bit traumatic.

15 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Can't fault you for making best use of the electricity included in the price.

Being away from the boat weeks at a time sounds a bit traumatic.

Got stuff to be doing at home. Its getting done with the boat out of the water!

Easter is quite late this year and we are away for it in Belgium anyway so we are in no rush to get the boat finished. If it over runs a few weeks it is no great problem. 

Will be a few weeks before we are down at the boat again now.

4 hours ago, WotEver said:

We’ve had snow at Easter quite often so it sounds like a joke to me. We’re about 2 months too early for winter to have finished. 

I will be impressed if we get snow this Easter with how late it is. 

• 2 weeks later...

Forecast temperatures remain mild. By mild I mean above freezing during the day with only slight frosts.  Accepting there will  be some night frosts it does look like the risk of frost that might damage anything on a boat will be  very slight.

My dehumidifier seems to have  been producing more water this week as the swings between mild day and chilly night temperatures have been greater . Therefore  heating and ventilation - or a dehumidifier seems valuable .