Dry or floating dock hire Nantwich area

Featured Posts

Hi Guys, I am looking for recommendations for a dry dock (preferably) or floating dock hire to be able to paint my boat. I say preferably dry dock as it would be good to do the blacking at the same time.

I kniw it is possible to paint in the open but after being prepered to paint last year in the open I found that I just did not get a weather or time window to do it.  It was either too hot, wet or too cold or indeed I was committed to do other things.

I moor near Nantwich so it would be good to get something not far away but not too much of a problem if I have to go further for the right place.  I should also say I would like to stay on the boat for the hire period as driving to and from each day will be an issue from home.

57 minutes ago, churchward said:

Hi Guys, I am looking for recommendations for a dry dock (preferably) or floating dock hire to be able to paint my boat. I say preferably dry dock as it would be good to do the blacking at the same time.

I kniw it is possible to paint in the open but after being prepered to paint last year in the open I found that I just did not get a weather or time window to do it.  It was either too hot, wet or too cold or indeed I was committed to do other things.

I moor near Nantwich so it would be good to get something not far away but not too much of a problem if I have to go further for the right place.  I should also say I would like to stay on the boat for the hire period as driving to and from each day will be an issue from home.

The dry dock at Trevor is good and decent people as well, I did similar a few years ago blacking and paint due to frustration with the weather 

On 27/01/2019 at 18:51, churchward said:

Venitian marina on the Middlewich branch have a dry dock. I dont know if it's available for DIY hire.

Steve

3 hours ago, Pie Eater said:

Claymoore Navigation at Dutton stop lock ( near Preston Brook tunnel ).

Does Claymore run the dry dock at Dutton now?  I felt quite sad when we went past a few months ago , the first time since Tim died. 

Haggis

On 29/01/2019 at 22:45, haggis said:

Does Claymore run the dry dock at Dutton now?  I felt quite sad when we went past a few months ago , the first time since Tim died. 

Haggis

I went passed Claymore hire base a few weeks back having previously emailed and left phone messages, neither received a reply, about hiring the dry dock. As i passed a guy was milling about so i asked about availabilty for early spring. The gist of his reply was that Claymore will have got rid of it by then but to whom he knew not or maybe they lease it and are giving up the lease.

1 hour ago, Steve_C said:

I went passed Claymore hire base a few weeks back having previously emailed and left phone messages, neither received a reply, about hiring the dry dock. As i passed a guy was milling about so i asked about availabilty for early spring. The gist of his reply was that Claymore will have got rid of it by then but to whom he knew not or maybe they lease it and are giving up the lease.

I seem to recall Tim rented the dock from BW/CRT.

Edited by David Mack