Decent boatyard in the Midlands for repairs

Grassman

Featured Posts

I posted a similar thread in the 'equipment' section but only had 2 replies, probably because it was specifically about having new deck boards fitted.

So I'd like to widen the field and ask you very good folk for recommendations for boatyards where you have had other work carried out on your boat whether it be mechanical, structural or whatever, because I have other jobs that need doing as well and I've had a few bad experiences in the past with some. 

To narrow it down a bit I'm seeking opinions on the following, or for places within a similar location to these, and if some are critical then obviously you may prefer to private message me.

Weltonfield Narrowboats

Stowe Hill Workshop

Gayton Marina

Braunston Marina

Alvecote Marina

Norton Canes Boatbuilders, Glascote

Thanks.

Try Knowle Hall Wharf.

Ive had two big jobs done there in the last two years.....fitted new kitchen and dinette 18 months ago ......and just done a topsides repaint and fitted new bathroom. Top quality jobs. Ian Taylor knows what he is doing. He also did a load of smaller jobs on the electrics, engine and plumbing.