Keep fit with a real rowing machine.

bizzard

Featured Posts

If you have a small rowing dinghy and lots of luggage shock cords with hooks on, try this. It can be done on a pond, canal,river or beach. Firstly gauge the distance between two banks. For roughly half this distance hook all your elastic shock cords together. Tether one end of them to the bank, around a tree or something and hook the other end to the dinghies transom. Get in  the boat and start rowing like fury. The plan is to not quite reach the opposite bank before your puffed out, ''but one dasy you will''.  Adjust the length of the shock cords until this is so. As you get stronger and stronger and your muscles bigger and bigger you will be able to touch the other bank against the tension, jubillation!!, when this happily happens shorten the cord by un hooking one or two. Keep this procedure up and you'll end up with eversuch strong arms. The stretched tension on the cord will whip you back to your starting point each time. :closedeyes:

Edited by bizzard
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Now that reminds me of the time I tried to tow a broken down hire yacht on the Shannon with the dingy. Then I was told I should have used the dingy as a pusher tug.

hand them the oars, tie your dinghy on stern and take the tiller, a bottle of Guinness per hour for the helm.

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

hand them the oars, tie your dinghy on stern and take the tiller, a bottle of Guinness per hour for the helm.

Them being my wife. I had hired the thing and that was when I decided Stuart Turner 2 stroke marine engines were not for me.

8 hours ago, bizzard said:

If you have a small rowing dinghy and lots of luggage shock cords with hooks on, try this. It can be done on a pond, canal,river or beach. Firstly gauge the distance between two banks. For roughly half this distance hook all your elastic shock cords together. Tether one end of them to the bank, around a tree or something and hook the other end to the dinghies transom. Get in  the boat and start rowing like fury. The plan is to not quite reach the opposite bank before your puffed out, ''but one dasy you will''.  Adjust the length of the shock cords until this is so. As you get stronger and stronger and your muscles bigger and bigger you will be able to touch the other bank against the tension, jubillation!!, when this happily happens shorten the cord by un hooking one or two. Keep this procedure up and you'll end up with eversuch strong arms. The stretched tension on the cord will whip you back to your starting point each time. :closedeyes:

And if you reverse your sitting position and row stern first towards the target bank the outstretched shock cords might reward you with getting your dinghy up to the plane immediately prior to making contact with the bank from which you had come. You could have timed runs there and back. Dinghy shanghais. 

4 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Them being my wife. I had hired the thing and that was when I decided Stuart Turner 2 stroke marine engines were not for me.

We went round Ardnamurchan with one of those, very reliable, but they don't like being sworn at :)

Anyway, these things are made to bond relationships!

Edited by LadyG