insurance for lifting

juragirl

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, juragirl said:

just to update everyone who was kind enough to offer advice. Lift went perfectly yesterday - hull inspected (no problems thank goodness!) and now being wire brushed and blacked....just the lift back in to fret about now! Thank you again to all who replied.

Would you like more boat lifting catastrophe videos? :giggles:

8 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Would you like more boat lifting catastrophe videos? :giggles:

Ours was craned last year.It looked highly suspect to me. I'm sure it wasn't supported as well as it should have been. Never again!!!!! (I would post a pic, but i'm trying to forget about the whole episode)

Just now, juragirl said:

No thank you TheBiscuits...it was stressful enough and will be again soon....and rusty69 - must have been awful....just what I was dreading but fortunately the people lifting ours seemed to know what they were doing!

It was.I am still having nightmares. I just looked at the photos again....shiver down my spine brrrrrr!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I promised to tell you how it went after the deed was done and being a woman of my word here I am. The news is that we all survived (us and the boat)! The lift was done very professionally and (bonus) the hull survey showed no work needed! So, in glorious sunshine and newly blacked our new best friend was lowered back into the canal and off we went...thank you to everyone for your reassurance (and for the terrifying tales!)

• Happy 1