Best experience and sad news.

Calranthe

Featured Posts

Hi, sincere apologies for your loss first off....

Me and jo are litteraly in tears reading this as jo has an illness which can change 1 great day to months of heart ache and pain at the flick of a switch, your experience is incredibly saddening but also heartening as we have plans and we are doing them this year and your 48hrs is inspiring and solidifies this decision we are making.

Can i thank you for writing what must of been incredibly painful and joyous....your an inspiration and i truley hope the future has some meaning for you.

A very teary (matt and jo) xxx

Words fail me, all I can offer is to echo what others have said. I'm not sure where you are but I have a 70ft very comfortable and nice boat at Harefield on the Southern GU. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to have you as a guest and go for a cruise.

Like (too) many, I also have my demons. My daughter was murdered in 2004. does time heal? No, but it does become SO much easier to deal with as the years go by. I can talk about it now openly without it disrupting my day let alone a month.

Wishing you an amazing recovery and quality of life.

Mark

Edited by Markinaboat
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Calranthe said:

Wooooooot!

Type 3 tumour which meant it had passed through 3 layers of my bowels BUT importantly had not breached externally,

38 lymph nodes removed (all the ones that serviced the part of the bowels removed) no cancer growth or cells,

Vascular areas feeding that part of the bowels clear of cancer cells,

Surgical area as in the parts they have to cut into to remove, which if it had cancer cells would have spread it to rest of body, Negative for cancer cells.

I still need to see the cancer consultant to decide on chemo but because of the results the risks of chemo may outway the the rewards thus I may not need chemo.

Time for a take out I think.

And yes this does mean I can actually consider some of the really kind offers here, felt like I was in a holding pattern, now I just need to take one day at a time but at least my body isn't going to kill me off.

Good news!

18 minutes ago, Calranthe said:

Okay I had take out, a mild (super mild) burrito with pulled pork, nope nope nope my tummy and bowels did not like that, definitely on the wait another month and maybe try again.

Go vegan for a month... it’s hugely trendy ;)

55 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Go vegan for a month... it’s hugely trendy ;)

Joking aside, due to ongoing stomach/bowel issues, I gave up all meat 4 months ago. It's been a transformation to my 'habits', lost weight and less pain. I never knew that red meat can exacerbate inflammation associated with arthritis.  So am now officially 'pescatarian'. Now, must get my gear ready for the great white shark fishing next weekend! ?

1 hour ago, Calranthe said:

Okay I had take out, a mild (super mild) burrito with pulled pork, nope nope nope my tummy and bowels did not like that, definitely on the wait another month and maybe try again.

I'm really pleased about your news and thank goodness that it seems that they found it in time! I had exactly the same outcome from my op an am now over two years on with no real issues apart from a slight reduction in stamina, but it has not stopped me doing anything I wish to do.

You speak about your burrito, which reminds me that on the first day after my op, I had a sandwich and enjoyed it, but the man in the next bed who had his op at the same time, chose, of all things, chilli con carne! I was amazed that the staff let him have it and I can report that he suffered a great deal later on that evening.

Best wishes for your recovery and just keep thinking positively.

Howard

9 hours ago, Markinaboat said:

Joking aside, due to ongoing stomach/bowel issues, I gave up all meat 4 months ago. It's been a transformation to my 'habits', lost weight and less pain. I never knew that red meat can exacerbate inflammation associated with arthritis.  So am now officially 'pescatarian'. Now, must get my gear ready for the great white shark fishing next weekend! ?

Along a similar vein, our late dog Millie suffered from colitis all her life. She was fine with rice, cooked potato, white fish, chicken and turkey, but red meat and pork  were definitely a no no.

Edited by Ray T

• 1 month later...

Wow! Such a beautiful love story with the significance in no regrets and what are the true values to be found in life.  I adore the way you have shown us there can be beauty in each and every moment, especially when in crisis, depending on how a person views the situation, guess it's during these times that we feel connected with those around us hey, as folk actually stop what they are doing for a short time to meet or help another; leaves us feeling joyful to be human.  

What some may call a mistake others will term as life learning and a great way to spend one's time.  As I have often found myself saying to my mother over the years, it may well be a mistake but it is mine to make!  There's usually always a reward of some kind or another even if it isn't the reward we had in mind at the outset.

I agree, I don't think anyone will argue that any time spent messing about on the river is time wasted, more it was time spent well, as you say. 

Thanks for taking the time to share and for putting yourself out there, such a thought provoking post.  Hoping it gives all the nay sayers something to think about.  Well said Sir, 'to golden moments'.  

• Greenie 3