Best experience and sad news.

Calranthe

Featured Posts

I am so sorry to read your sad news about Paola and also about your bowel cancer diagnosis;  others have responded so much more eloquently than I can so I will just add my name to their good wishes.

It is sometimes surprising when tragedies and setbacks like this occur how many others have had similar stories and their individual stories can sometimes help to get through the worries. In my own case, I too was diagnosed with bowel cancer a at the end of 2016 and after having the operation to remove part of the large intestine, I am now  entering my third year of monitoring with everything good so far!  However, life is sometimes very cruel and late last year my wife had a brush with breast cancer, resulting in an operation and course of radiation. She is now well on the road to a full recovery and both of us just get on with enjoying life.

Best wishes for the future.

Howard

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1

Reading your post made me feel very emotional. I have not lost a lifelong partner,and my health (presently) is good.

Imagining myself in your position,I would be devastated,and don't know if I could cope.

Your post has made me count my blessings, I grumble like mad over the number of locks on my local ditch,the price of mooring,and maintenance,but your post has shown how irrelevant these things are in the scale of things.

My deepest sympathy and I wish you the best of luck.

• Greenie 1

I'm very sad to read your news. I can't start  imagine where I would be without my husband, whom I've been married to 20 years this April.  It's so good to hear that you at least got to experience and enjoy boat-ownership. It's an inspirational story, not crazy at all. 

My sympathy;

Sally

The plan was that I'd help move Kathleen from Sawley Marina to Stoke, but the OP and I only got a few miles into the T&M before we had serious engine trouble. RCR came and did enough to enable us to get back to Sawley, so the journey became just a day trip, but a nice one. with good company.

Health permitting, please do consider taking up offers to do a bit of boating with people, I guess it may help you. And yes, if you buy another boat, try to find a better one!

33 minutes ago, Calranthe said:

Tuesday is when I find out how much chemo I need, will let people know how it goes.

I do know something of what you are going thru.

Our Son was diagnosed (almost 3 years ago) with a Brain Tumour, 3 years of surgery, Chemo and then Radio Therapy, its not something you would wish on your worst enemy.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

Alan