Prescription woes

Johny London

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

I always check mine before I leave, also that the right stuff is in the bag

Well I did the second and third time! I prefer when the elderly assistant is there, old school reliability. I did eventually complain about the dodgy one and I think she got the push, I did feel a bit bad about that but we are talking life and death. 

42 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

I always got eight weeks supply until my 65th birthday,

Presently the age  free prescriptions start (for those of us who are not otherwise eligible for free prescriptions)  is 60  .

My medication is nothing too critical so I hope to continue as at present. We shall see if there is any change. 

1 hour ago, David Schweizer said:

You may be in for a shock, I always got eight weeks supply until my 65th birthday, when they reduced it to four weeks. No reason given, but they will give me more when I travel to Australia to visit my son. 

Fortunately we live only four doors from the (fairly) new Village Surgery which has a Pharmacy, so renewals are not really a problem. If I still had to go to the main surgery in the local Market Town, where parking is almost impossible I could well be making a bit of a fuss.

I used get a 3 month repeat prescription but this was reduced to 2 months some years ago. My GP, who I've been going to for 25years, told me it was a restriction imposed by whoever controls their budget. (She did tell me who but I can't recall their title). As a point of interest I'm over retirement age and I still get 2 months at a time .

Looking on the bright side my next doors neighbours in-laws are over visiting from the US and the father who is of retirement age has a serious illness. He can't retire because his company fundeď health insurance would cease and his current monthly drugs bill of $11000 would no longer be covered. Maybe one, two or three months of drugs at a time isn't in it's self that important

Edited by Slim

The CC'er way to use electronic prescriptions:

Go to the pharmacy you want to use near where you are, and ask them not your GP to register themselves as your preferred pharmacy for the e-prescription.  Wait 48 hours. Order your prescription online as usual, and it will be sent to the new pharmacy within a further 48 hours for you to collect.

It is quite important that you allow time for the systems to update - 2 days for the pharmacy to become your new one, and another 2 days for the prescription to come through.

It is vitally important that you check which pharmacy the prescription is going to before pressing the submit button, or you might need to go back to where you were last month. (Don't ask me how I know this!)

• Greenie 1