BCN Challenge 2019

Mrs Tawny Owl

Featured Posts

55 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Just been passed by NB Dotterel looking very determined. 

Although that determined look could have been scared by a bloke in hi vis shouting "See you on the BCN" :)

We are definitely determined but about what, we are not too sure! Half of the crew want to win, half want to do as little as possible and the third half are undecided. 

I am going to read Zen and the art of boating tonight and hope clarity will materialize.

Cheers Graham

Edited by Graham and Jo
Punctuation

We have a motor and a butty but having just seen JP's food and drink list we may need another boat. We should be alright for a week or two if the local pirates attack us.

Work finished and on my way home to see what emergency rations the family have purchased for me to add to the cargo.

1 hour ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

Paul was vollying on Monday & reckons it's most of the city centre main line-certainly Old Turn up to St Vincent Street.

Just walked down the Main Line it is one side (opposite side to NIA) to Vincent's Street bridge, so about 6 boat lengths there, and 4 on the loop.

18 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Just been passed by NB Dotterel looking very determined. 

Although that determined look could have been scared by a bloke in hi vis shouting "See you on the BCN" :)

She passed the Sammy Barlow yesterday afternoon, where I was having a quiet pint with friends from my old shareboat Honeystreet.

• Greenie 1

18 minutes ago, cuthound said:

She passed the Sammy Barlow yesterday afternoon, where I was having a quiet pint with friends from my old shareboat Honeystreet.

I hope I waved at you, I think I did! We are just past Curdworth now.

Cheers Graham

Having overnighted in Birmingham centre, we're off to hawne basin to fill up with diesel and gas before heading to our start location. If you pass us having run out of diesel before hawne basin please take pity on us and don't laugh too much!

2 hours ago, Graham and Jo said:

I hope I waved at you, I think I did! We are just past Curdworth now.

Cheers Graham

Yes I waved and you waved back. I don't think my friends would have understood if I suddenly stood up mid conversation and shout "I am Cuthound" ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

It's starting well ... Someone set fire to the gorse at Winson Green Junction half an hour ago!

Did we come past you, we are on the working boats Scorpio and Leo...?

Just been stuck in factory top lock as the gate wouldn't open. Had to extend the keb.

IMG_20190524_134612888.jpg.cae078bb2d681c569905c9887747ed37.jpg

Edited by Rob-M

2 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Did we come past you, we are on the working boats Scorpio and Leo...?

Just been stuck in factory top lock as the gate wouldn't open. Had to extend the keb.

IMG_20190524_134612888.jpg.cae078bb2d681c569905c9887747ed37.jpg

Yep.

We are on Good Times and were moored by winsons green bridge. 

To the organisers.

Please be aware that our duck has been abducted by The Biscuits and will be aboard their boat, Good Times, for the duration of the challenge. They will therefore have 5 crew. The duck is now very experienced at going through locks so will be a significant advantage to the crew. Please adjust their handicap accordingly.

Anyone volunteer to get the duck back to us after said event?

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

To the organisers.

Please be aware that our duck has been abducted by The Biscuits and will be aboard their boat, Good Times, for the duration of the challenge.

Lies.  Vile calumnies.

I saw the duck safe and well only minutes ago .

IMG_20190524_155418151.jpg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Tom and Bex said:

Having overnighted in Birmingham centre, we're off to hawne basin to fill up with diesel and gas before heading to our start location. If you pass us having run out of diesel before hawne basin please take pity on us and don't laugh too much!

I ring them to tell them I am coming in case I get stuck in the crap that is normally in the tunnel 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

Something has gone terribly wrong with the organisation of the event. There is no torrential rain forecast! Surely torrential rain is a fundamental part of any BCN challenge?

Blame Richard. 

2 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Something has gone terribly wrong with the organisation of the event. There is no torrential rain forecast! Surely torrential rain is a fundamental part of any BCN challenge?

Isn't that because it takes place over a Bank Holiday? ?

Sue,

Is it too late to register for the challenge?

If no, please will you register us (nb Kharis) to enter. I can send entry fees etc as soon as I know where to send them

The Biscuits was adamant we should partake. We have a fully fueled up crew and are somewhere near Birmingham (we think?)

Where can we find the rules?

I think we have enough beer on board.

10 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Sue,

If no, please will you register us (nb Kharis) to enter. I can send entry fees etc as soon as I know where to send them

The Biscuits was adamant we should partake. We have a fully fueled up crew and are somewhere near Birmingham (we think?)

Rules are simple, biggest mattress wins. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Sue,

Spoken to Sue and the answer is yes, drop an email to the address on the BCN thread with your email address, she will email the pack to you after her dinner.

Obviously you need to pay me in used tenner :)

• Greenie 1