BCN Challenge 2019

Mrs Tawny Owl

Featured Posts

Mr Chairman.

I think pics of The Tawnies, The Moomins and The Wharfies rehearsing for the Challenge last Saturday might be appreciated by the assembled multitude following this 'ere thread.

Edited by Victor Vectis
spelin

2 hours ago, Graham and Jo said:

Dotterel has left her mooring heading for Brum. We are actually going the long way round via Hawkesbury!

Cheers Graham

That will be because of your start location then ?

5 hours ago, Victor Vectis said:

Mr Chairman.

I think pics of The Tawnies, The Moomins and The Wharfies rehearsing for the Challenge last Saturday might be appreciated by the assembled multitude following this 'ere thread.

You mean people rehearse for it? Last year when I crewed for p6rob we only met for the first time on the Friday evening. Went for a curry, quick tour of the boat, short move along to our starting position, a night's kip and up and away. Fortunately the skipper had a decent plan and I'm pretty good at making myself useful.

I'm not taking part this year, the NBT had to back out, but I'm hoping to be back with them or someone else for 2020.

Feeling a bit jealous of those taking part as the weather forecast seems OK, hope you all enjoy it.

6 hours ago, WotEver said:

If I were you I wouldn’t start from there. 

I prefer to avoid the starting bit. Just let the challenge grow organically. The question is how do you identify with the challenge, how does it make you feel and what colour should it be?

Cheers Graham

ps currently admiring trains north of Stetton Stop.

1 minute ago, Graham and Jo said:

I prefer to avoid the starting bit. Just let the challenge grow organically. The question is how do you identify with the challenge, how does it make you feel and what colour should it be?

But does the boat really want to be part of the challenge? Is it fair of you to not allow it the option to travel elsewhere on the system?

It should be a greeny brown. 

5 minutes ago, Graham and Jo said:

Cheers Graham

ps currently admiring trains north of Stetton Stop.

I’ll have one of what he’s drinking.

Just been given the green light to take Scorpio so no change boat required for the weekend.  Just need to assemble the crew, plan what we are doing and move the pair to the start point.

I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities across the weekend for criticism of us playing with working boats.

24 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Just been given the green light to take Scorpio so no change boat required for the weekend.  Just need to assemble the crew, plan what we are doing and move the pair to the start point.

I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities across the weekend for criticism of us playing with working boats.

Rob

Do you get extra points for using old windlasses?

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

Good news. Can’t see why anyone would criticise; especially as I’ll be wearing a traditional neckerchief to look authentic.

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

Not that I'm aware of but we have a few between us on the crew.

Wasn’t actually planning on bringing mine. I selected the heaviest one I could find.

JP