BCN Challenge 2019

Mrs Tawny Owl

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, harrybsmith said:

Just a little intro to explain one of the entries- I'm planning to single hand it on my boat, Free Spirit, a 32ft fibreglass cruiser(Shock horror!). See you all there. 

How "in depth" do people go with the whole boat decorations thing? I have a plan but it may be going a tad OTT...

Hi Harry, have we had your entry form?

Richard

On 17/04/2019 at 16:44, Graham and Jo said:

This might throw a little spanner in the works. Overnight locks closures

Graham

On 17/04/2019 at 20:29, RLWP said:

I'm in contact with them. The condensed message is 'don't panic, this is to cover Easter'

Richard

Although it says overnight closures Spon Lane locks appear to be simply locked out of use. That was certainly  the case at mid-day today.

On the subject of Atlas & Malus I bumped into one their usual Challenge crew yesterday and he was oblivious to the fact they haven’t been entered. He resolved to go and enquire so hopefully there will be movement on that front now.

JP

10 minutes ago, 47401 said:

CharlieB is not the mystery boat but will be entering. Just got to get the form filled in and sent off. Let's hope the weather is a good as this last weekend. ? Martin

Chop-chop, get your email in...

Caretta

Carrie~Lou

CharlieB

Clarrie

Corolla

Dotterel

Firefly

Free Spirit

Good Times

Goosander

Joanna + butty

Joy

Mary Beth

Misbourne No 3

Peckham Poppy

Rebellion

Rhiannon

Scorpio & Leo

Tatty Lucy

The Cat who Walks By Himself

???*

Richard

I always liked the class 47 North Eastern indeed . Formally D1500 - first production version of the class. They looked good in almost any livery. Nobody normally asks about the number. I believe it is at the Midland Railway Centre. Martin

1 hour ago, Amber34 said:

When's the cut off date for entry? We've (finally) made the decision to turn round and head up to Brum but now concerned our protracted dithering has made us too late!

We are still open for entries, send an email 

Richard 

I have noticed on a Facebook group that the 8am, to 4pm restriction on Ryder's Green locks is still in place from last year but it doesn't show on the stoppages list. Does any one know if this is true? 

Not that I am saying we are going that way you know!

Cheers Graham

12 minutes ago, Graham and Jo said:

I have noticed on a Facebook group that the 8am, to 4pm restriction on Ryder's Green locks is still in place from last year but it doesn't show on the stoppages list. Does any one know if this is true? 

Not that I am saying we are going that way you know!

Cheers Graham

Isn't that restriction currently in place for all the locks...?

9 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Isn't that restriction currently in place for all the locks...?

That is what was said, it was UFN.  As I said before this really needs a commitment from CRT that they will suspend any of these restrictions for the Fri/Sat nights of the challenge, if they are still in place then, or I can’t see that the challenge works and BCNS need to be thinking of calling it off.  

Just now, john6767 said:

That is what was said, it was UFN.  As I said before this really needs a commitment from CRT that they will suspend any of these restrictions for the Fri/Sat nights of the challenge, if they are still in place then, or I can’t see that the challenge works and BCNS need to be thinking of calling it off.  

Our contact is back at work Monday

33 minutes ago, Graham and Jo said:

I have 3 politicians on my crew, they have voted down my route 3 times but can't decide where to go instead, can we delay the challenge for a while?

Cheers Graham

With a crew like that you could just leave....:P