BCN Challenge 2019

Mrs Tawny Owl

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Too many entrants could make mooring interesting on Sunday night though, two or three abreast along the main line could be fun. 

I thought the mooring on the Oozells St Loop were reserved.  However that only takes about 5 boats.  You could perhaps get 4 abrest, but that is only 20 boats, and you would think there would be more that that who would want to stay at the end.  So could be interesting.

11 hours ago, john6767 said:

I thought the mooring on the Oozells St Loop were reserved.  However that only takes about 5 boats.  You could perhaps get 4 abrest, but that is only 20 boats, and you would think there would be more that that who would want to stay at the end.  So could be interesting.

5 is pushing it.  Usually 4 is the most that can squeeze in, unless they're ickle.  You could breast up to the bike boat, they're nice people, but it's worth warning them about the challenge weekend.  There's also the permanant moorings on the other side at Symphony Wharf, they could be persuaded?  Personally I'd suggest reserving one side of the moorings down the mainline too, CRT seem happy to do this for floating markets.  They just tie litle laminated signs to the rings, letting eveyone know in advance.

On 22/01/2019 at 11:08, Mrs Tawny Owl said:

The big announcement.

Team Tawny Owl will not be taking part in the challenge this year.

This is because Richard and I are now the organisers, so it might be a bit of a conflict of interest!

Very well done.

Indigo Dream is unlikely to be there, we need to be near Bath the weekend after so should be going under bridge 1 & 2 on the Severn that weekend. But if plans change . . . .

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, RichardN said:

Very well done.

Indigo Dream is unlikely to be there, we need to be near Bath the weekend after so should be going under bridge 1 & 2 on the Severn that weekend. But if plans change . . . .

What - no whippets!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have emailed as we want to take part again, so many kind messages after we sank Carpe Vinum last year BUT we now have a little steel springer Mary Beth who will be taking part.

Well done TTO for taking over the running, I'm sure they could do with whatever help we can all throw their way.

RE getting the word out Tow Path Talk maybe? some of the other publications?

The application form is now available.

I have sent it out directly to all those who have asked so far, and to all entrants for the last 3 years, but if  anyone else wants to take part here is the form.

BCNS ChallengeEntry Form 2019.docx

you can email it to bcnschallenge@gmail.com or post it to me.

We hope to have the rules and route planning sheets out within the next 2 or 3 weeks, we're still finalising the details.

Sue

• Greenie 1

On 25/02/2019 at 21:43, Kustomcut said:

I have emailed as we want to take part again, so many kind messages after we sank Carpe Vinum last year BUT we now have a little steel springer Mary Beth who will be taking part.

Well done TTO for taking over the running, I'm sure they could do with whatever help we can all throw their way.

RE getting the word out Tow Path Talk maybe? some of the other publications?

I haven't seen the email yet, can you send again. bcnschallenge@gmail.com

Found it!

It sneaked in when I wasn't looking. I've sent your form.

Sue

Edited by Mrs Tawny Owl
extra info

We had a very useful meeting with CRT and the BCNS this morning to sort out some of the details for the finish. A lot has yet to be bolted down properly, we should have plenty of moorings

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Graham and Jo said:

Dotterel is in, I was wondering when the route planning pack is coming out.

Cheers Graham

Soon. There's some stuff in the centre of Brum we need to pin down

Richard

• 4 weeks later...

I have finally managed to sort out the route planning sheet, and the rules.

There are still some details to work out, but you now have the information to start your planning.

I have emailed all those who have entered, please let me know if you don't receive the forms.

But if you are considering having a go this year here are the rules and planning sheets so you can decide if you want to ply.

If you do please email bcnschallenge@gmail.com for the application form.

Sue

BCNS Marathon Challenge 2019 Info & Rules.doc Route planner 2019.xls