VHF on the Trent : Lock MMSI numbers?

Jan13

Featured Posts

34 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Which bend is that?

It starts just downstream of the entrance and sweeps around past the entrance.

I have 'known it' many times over the years but now appears to be 'growing' and now over half-way across the river is it only 4 feet deep (I draw 4' 6")

C&RTS dredging depth for the Trent is 6 feet.

Bit like my old School reports "sets himself very low targets which he consistently fails to achieve".

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It starts just downstream of the entrance and sweeps around past the entrance.

I have 'known it' many times over the years but now appears to be 'growing' and now over half-way across the river is it only 4 feet deep (I draw 4' 6")

Sounds like its a recent change . Maybe report it to Farndon Marina as they might be interested ? Although possibly unable do do much about it themselves.

info@farndonmarina.co.uk

40 minutes ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

Rather off topic, but some rather beautiful videos of the Aegir this morning. This website also holds some informal predictions of when the Aegir will occur during 2019.

https://crowle.org/?p=4744

Nice footage. Does it vary in height? It looks very gentle by the time it hits West Stockwith. Wonder if anyone has ever kayaked / surfed it? Might not be big enough...

11 minutes ago, Jan13 said:

Nice footage. Does it vary in height? It looks very gentle by the time it hits West Stockwith. Wonder if anyone has ever kayaked / surfed it? Might not be big enough...

There are some videos on youtube

5 minutes ago, MartynG said:

The people with surf boards failed in this one . Go to 1 min 30s on the video.

Ha ha!!! More of a swell than a bore! Think it would go right under the kayak!

13 hours ago, MartynG said:

Sounds like its a recent change . Maybe report it to Farndon Marina as they might be interested ? Although possibly unable do do much about it themselves.

info@farndonmarina.co.uk

It was there the last time we were up there a few years ago. There was a boat nicely beached in the middle of it waiting for a tow off.

13 hours ago, Jan13 said:

Yes they vary a lot. Some are little more then a ripple that you would hardly notice.

9 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

It was there the last time we were up there a few years ago. There was a boat nicely beached in the middle of it waiting for a tow off.

In that case I  will just carry on as usual .