Best to avoid sleeping near the burner?

Rainyday

Featured Posts

Deciding the layout for my 52ft semi trad I'm renovating. If it can be avoided is it best not to sleep in same space/room as the wood burner.

Obviously will have a cm detector. But in general, fumeswise? Wanting to live a long life! 

Sorry if a silly question but I'm new to sleeping on the boat. Love my wood burner. Just wonder why so many layouts but the bed on the far end of the boat. 

Thanks! 

40 minutes ago, Narrow newbie said:

Deciding the layout for my 52ft semi trad I'm renovating. If it can be avoided is it best not to sleep in same space/room as the wood burner.

Obviously will have a cm detector. But in general, fumeswise? Wanting to live a long life! 

Sorry if a silly question but I'm new to sleeping on the boat. Love my wood burner. Just wonder why so many layouts but the bed on the far end of the boat. 

Thanks! 

That's an interesting comment on the 'reverse layout' scheme. I always seemed daft for me to have a main source of heat at the front, with a very real risk of burning your body as you exit the boat from the front to work the locks - but then I built the boat for cruising and not living.... Also it makes good sense (IMHO anyway) for the heat to be in the 'middle' of the boat where most non cruising time is spent. My Management requires a cold bedroom - thus that made a reverse layout more sensible for us. Perhaps that's why so many (?) boats have that style of layout?   

1 hour ago, Narrow newbie said:

Thanks! 

If its maintained its no problem having it wherever you want it.