A Timely Reminder

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

On Thursday night/early hours Friday morning some friends of ours had a very lucky escape when they were woken at 1am by their smoke alarm on their S41. They woke to find the boat full of smoke from an electrical fire.

Fortunately they got out unharmed and the fire brigade were very quickly on the scene. 

The boat is apparently a bit of a mess. But more importantly they are both safe and have no ill effects.

Check your smoke alarms work guys.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/fifteen-firefighters-rush-after-boat-2445258

Edited by Naughty Cal

We’ve recently had some plumbing done upstairs at home. After the first joint the smoke alarm went off on the landing. It was only then that I realised that I haven’t checked it in over 20 years. It’s mains powered but I guess could use new backup batteries by now. 

14 minutes ago, WotEver said:

We’ve recently had some plumbing done upstairs at home. After the first joint the smoke alarm went off on the landing. It was only then that I realised that I haven’t checked it in over 20 years. It’s mains powered but I guess could use new backup batteries by now. 

Roll your spliff a little tighter to reduce the chance of this happening again!???

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

I have just pushed the test button on the smoke and CO alarms.

As far as I'm aware the test button only lets you know the alarm is working. My sensors get a proper test every now and then from making toast/boiling veg/starting the multi-fuel/many other potentially lethal activities.

6 minutes ago, Rumsky said:

As far as I'm aware the test button only lets you know the alarm is working. My sensors get a proper test every now and then from making toast/boiling veg/starting the multi-fuel/many other potentially lethal activities.

But how best to test CO monitors? 

13 minutes ago, pearley said:

But how best to test CO monitors? 

You can get spray to test them, or put them in an environment with exhaust fumes, although I've read each time it is exposed to these the sensor will deteriorate. I have separate CO alarms with digital displays as well as the combi smoke and CO alarms without displays. The reading goes up  a little above zero occasionally so I take that to mean they are working.

Edited by Rumsky
Calorification