BMC rocker cover replacement.

Featured Posts

I am wondering if the MGB petrol rocker cover will fit on the 1.8 BMC diesel. mine is badly bent out of shape and is constantly leaking, it was sealed up with huge amounts of sealent when i bought the boat but after changing the tappet clearence i am now unable to seal it properly.

here is the product i am hoping will fit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-NEW-MGB-ROADSTER-GT-B-SERIES-ALLOY-ROCKER-COVER-KIT/312321181023?hash=item48b7cb055f:g:ggUAAOSwUMxaFDkM

Thanks

Owning as I do a BMC 1.8 D I'm preety sure it will. However, there are several on this forum with much greater knowledge who should pop up with a definitive answer. You never know, someone might have one tu ked away gathering dust. (Sorry , that's not me)

My main reason for posting is that I looked at your link and immediatly below it was an offer of one for £43 . It may save you a couple of quid.

Frank

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, koukouvagia said:

"Previously enjoyed!".

Oh FFS!

Thanks for the link. I did notice this some time ago, it is used and by the time i have bought an oil cap and the seals and the gasket it come to the same price as the mgb one and it can bend more easily.

I would really like to knowif the Alloy mgb cover will fit

Thanks again

See if the parts numbers are the same? Or as suggested, go to Calcutt and buy a new one. The covers are notorious for going out of shape, mainly because if fitted in a modern trad boat with the engine under the boards at the stern, when the boards are off it is too easy to tread on the rocker cover when moving round in the engine hole.

3 hours ago, regginald said:

I am wondering if the MGB petrol rocker cover will fit on the 1.8 BMC diesel. mine is badly bent out of shape and is constantly leaking, it was sealed up with huge amounts of sealent when i bought the boat but after changing the tappet clearence i am now unable to seal it properly.

here is the product i am hoping will fit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-NEW-MGB-ROADSTER-GT-B-SERIES-ALLOY-ROCKER-COVER-KIT/312321181023?hash=item48b7cb055f:g:ggUAAOSwUMxaFDkM

Thanks

I can't see any reason why it shouldn't fit as it uses the same gasket. Why not contact the seller and get the dimensions including the fixing hole spacing to re assure yourself.

Edited by Flyboy

11 hours ago, zenataomm said:

Come on admit it ………… you just want the MG badge don't you?

Just like was the case when an MG badge was put on on an Austin or Morris car it will not make it go any faster! 

10 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Just like was the case when an MG badge was put on on an Austin or Morris car it will not make it go any faster! 

But stick on coach lines and a hole in the exhaust always used to!