Safety Ladders

monkeyhanger

Featured Posts

At the new Aylesbury Circus Field Marina there are ladders on the end of each jetty and for the longer jetties on the bank between the jetties I.e. the places where they won't be blocked by moored boats. They are simple aluminium ladders. One stile of the ladder extends above the jetty as a  handhold.

109-Circus-Fileds-Marina-26th-Nov-2016-1

Interesting discussion on marina ladders at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?506453-Emergency-ladders-on-marina-pontoons-are-they-worth-having

Edited by David Mack

try freegle with a Wanted, Broken Ladder advert. Someone must have a broken ladder you could saw a bit off. Or wait till your window cleaner turns his back. (pedant alert, yes I know they don't use ladders any more, too many were being sawn up by boaters)

Edited by Jim Riley
jollity

23 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

I can't help thinking that sooner or later someone will tie a boat to the sticky-up bit and it will rip the whole ladder off.

So far, so good.  The ladders are positioned so that It is not intuitive to tie up to them,  and there are plenty of mooring rings to use instead.  It also helps that new visitors are usually  briefed on where to moor before they come in.

One or two ladders have suffered being hit after boating "misjudgements", but we bought spares for that event.

N

On 17/01/2019 at 08:31, BEngo said:

The ladders at Aylesbury were specially made, as a batch of about 40, but I can find out who did them if you wish. They were not silly money.

N

That would explain the loads of spare ones in the dry dock!   In there at the moment blacking Fulbourne ?

We could not think of anywhere else to put the extras, so up the wall they went.  They were there last time Fulbourne was blacked.

Have you put her on two beams or three this time?

I  hope the rams head is clear of the door now!

N

14 hours ago, BEngo said:

We could not think of anywhere else to put the extras, so up the wall they went.  They were there last time Fulbourne was blacked.

Have you put her on two beams or three this time?

I  hope the rams head is clear of the door now!

N

Two beams again. And the rudder is tied to one side to keep the rams head clear of the door.