Webasto water levels

Tigger

Featured Posts

Hi, We have a webasto heater which was working fine until recently. We then had some new radiators fitted. Unfortunately they leaked, which drained the system. Unsurprisingly the heating stopped working. We called in a webasto engineer who replaced the water pump and another part. The diagnostic report doesn't mention the water pump but does mention the heater over-heating at some point. The engineers opinion is that it was the water pump running dry that burnt out and in doing so triggered another system to fail.

The people that fitted the radiator are denying it has anything to do with them, and even had the cheek to criticise the webasto engineer and his opinion.  The've also been to fix the radiator twice and failed.

What happens if one runs the system with no water? 

I'm assuming this is not a good thing - but how do I go about proving that a drained system caused the webasto to fail?

2 hours ago, Tonka said:

I would have thought that the Webasto ECU would have shut the Webasto down because of an overtemp

My thoughts exactly, it is picky about battery voltage before it starts up, and definitely checks the pump and water flow then, but maybe it doesn't monitor when running.