Any liveaboards in Liverpool?

golden_chapati

Featured Posts

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if there are any liveaboards in Liverpool city centre? As far as I can see, there are 4 places potentially - Liverpool Marina, Albert Sock and Salthouse (CRT) and Stanley Dock. However, it's not really clear which are 'leisure' and which are 'residential' - I know sometimes people look the other way, but I wouldn't mind hearing from someone who actually lives there before I buy a boat and realize I can't live on it. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

GC

14 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Peel own the northern docks, but CRT own the docks south of Pier Head. 

I stand corrected.  When I was in Salthouse Dock in September I recall there were about a dozen permanent moorings opposite the visitor moorings. They all were fully occupied.

25 minutes ago, andyberg said:

There's permanent moorings advertised right outside the Titanic Hotel and they are filling up just past the old Tobacco Warehouse, I presume the Titanic will have details, cant remember if there was a contact details board up when I went past in October!

Thanks Andyberg! I think the link is here: https://stanleydock.com/marina/

30 spaces, with more to follow apparently. Not sure where it says they are permanent? I've emailed them to confirm. This area of Liverpool will be undergoing a massive redevelopment over the next few years. Liverpool is really booming at the moment!

• Greenie 1

There's a 49' mooring showing available on the CRT website in Albert Dock.  It's listed as short term winter mooring but it's worth giving CRT a call about it since Albert Dock isn't listed amongst the winter moorings.  Salthouse Dock is.  CRT seem to make a habit of getting details wrong on that site so it's entirely possible that they're wrong here too.

https://www.watersidemooring.com/618-albert-dock-l1/Vacancies#berth7339

7 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

There's a 49' mooring showing available on the CRT website in Albert Dock.  It's listed as short term winter mooring but it's worth giving CRT a call about it since Albert Dock isn't listed amongst the winter moorings.  Salthouse Dock is.  CRT seem to make a habit of getting details wrong on that site so it's entirely possible that they're wrong here too.

https://www.watersidemooring.com/618-albert-dock-l1/Vacancies#berth7339

Yep, CRT is not very clear. When you search for residential mooring, the listing appears, but once clicked through, the details claim leisure. Liverpool Marina has a waiting list at the moment and is leisure only, while Salthouse is full (but appears residential to me?). Stanley Dock have a few spaces opening up soon, but they are in a dock which is nowhere near as pleasant as the Albert Dock or the Liverpool Marina.