Sabb 10hp restoration, very basic

LadyG

Featured Posts

33 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

What a lovely little story. A boat for $1!  I wish I was so lucky.

I bet you do too.

No thanks, I'm not that mad, and I don't have a very helpful father, just the opposite: house and boats were full of half completed projects. Even my Triang Train set only worked for a week after Christmas, when the home made transformer/rectifier went up in smoke.

Edited by LadyG

4 minutes ago, Bee said:

Hmphh. Am now going to be spending all day under a small black cloud of envy.

There was a smart 34 foot NB on Ebay just last week, 99p starting bid,  someone rocked up with £12K cash within three days, and it was withdrawn. It just needed a week to finish it off inside, all the  bits were there, lovely little boat it was, I was all geared up to go and see it ?

5 hours ago, LadyG said:

There was a smart 34 foot NB on Ebay just last week, 99p starting bid,  someone rocked up with £12K cash within three days, and it was withdrawn. It just needed a week to finish it off inside, all the  bits were there, lovely little boat it was, I was all geared up to go and see it ?

The vendor was obviously expecting more.Hope you find a suitable boat soon.

I remember your original posts here when you were first looking for a boat,and thinking you were pretty exacting in your requirements. I was too initially,but after looking at several boats,I realised that I wasn't going to find one that ticked all my boxes. I bought one that ticked 60% of my boxes,and have learned to live without the 40% that I would have liked.

Happy boat hunting,best of luck.

42 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

The vendor was obviously expecting more.Hope you find a suitable boat soon.

I remember your original posts here when you were first looking for a boat,and thinking you were pretty exacting in your requirements. I was too initially,but after looking at several boats,I realised that I wasn't going to find one that ticked all my boxes. I bought one that ticked 60% of my boxes,and have learned to live without the 40% that I would have liked.

Happy boat hunting,best of luck.

Oh yes, if I'm going to live on board it is important I like the boat, that's the main thing. As things are at the moment. it seems as though its never going to happen, I live in hope. 

I only ever had one yacht, and as soon as I saw a sister ship, I went in search of another, so it's not that I am super finicky. But one has one's standards  :). Its trickier with NB's because there is so much variation, but I want a boat that is comfortable to live on, rather than a houseboat.

Edited by LadyG